Would you hunt Somerville or luminant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you hunt Somerville or luminant?

I hunted Somerville last year and had no luck. It was hard to hunt due to all the brush and some kind of stalk all over the place. I scouted luminant yesterday in Robertson county( hwy7 side) and it didn't seem much better. Would you suggest I stick with Somerville or put some more scouting time into luminant? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

To add to the above post, I am new to this area of Texas. So I have near to no experience or much info about either place. If anyone from this area has hunted both and are able to compare them I would appreciate it.

Comment

How are you hunting luminant do you work there

Comment

It's not on mine or plant property. It's just called luminant #607. It is off of hwy 7 and fm 979 in Robertson co. Anyone with Aph can hunt it

Comment

I may try it this year

Comment

I heard from my golf buddy that he said somerville is not even worth going to anymore. All the spots are ways to grown up and u cant even see the deer. If that helps. where s is this luminate?

Comment

It's in Robertson County off of Hwy 7 and FM 979. Between Kosse and Marquez

Comment

I will just say this about Somerville I went this morning and found 2 very good spots

Comment

Heh, was scouting Somerville today.. Like I have last few weekend. I have my deer picked out. But yes ragweed is horrendous out there again this year. Reminds me of 2 seasons ago.

Comment

I've hunted Luminant in the past and plan to scout there in a couple of weeks. I'll be interested to see how overgrown it is, whether the trails are still visible, and whether my favorite spots are dry or wet.

Comment

I'm confused on what luminant is, is that same as type ll

Comment

Luminant is Type II Hunting land in Robertson County

Comment

I made my scouting trip to Luminant this past weekend. I entered from the east (Hwy 937) on Saturday and the south (Hwy 7) on Sunday. The east entrance was much more difficult due to deep water remaining in the creek, which was hard to cross, and all the walking on the pipeline easement, which is severely overgrown with head-high weeds. It was hard enough to walk through; I can't imagine dragging a deer or hog out through that stuff. The south entrance was better, though any amount of rain would wash out the parking area. Someone had gone through and cleared the overhanging brush from the pathway (thanks TPWD for that). Most of the areas that had been under water were dry now, though there was still some standing water in spots, and we found some good hog wallows. My son and I scouted some very good locations and saw lots of tracks, but didn't spook any deer. I shot a 4-foot-long copperhead that my son walked right past without noticing. There were other trucks in the parking areas, but we didn't come across any hunters while we were tromping through. We came out with one tick each; mosquitos were horrible.

Comment

Any updates on hunting luminent?

Comment

Have you tried the SHNF?....some good hunting and its close to Bryan also.

Comment

Working...
                              X