sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
    I bet there's a chance I know who you and/or your dad. I went to school @ Joaquin
    I graduated in 1988 from Joaquin my last name is Dolan.

Comment

Originally posted by AD88 View Post
      I graduated in 1988 from Joaquin my last name is Dolan.
      Yep..kinda thought that. I'm belong to the Bonner clan

Comment

I got ya, it's good to know some folks are still around and hunting

Comment

Yep..kinda thought that. I'm belong to the Bonner clan
          Originally posted by AD88 View Post
          I got ya, it's good to know some folks are still around and hunting
          Gotta watch that Bonner Clan. They can be some real outlaws!!!
          Hi Zach!!!

Comment

Attention! There will be a bumper crop of deer in the Sabine national forest because no one has killed a thing there this year!

Comment

I don't doubt that!

Wife & I hunted Shelby Co NF land on Nov 17 & 18, saw 14 doe and really nice 9 point. He was chasing a doe and didn't give time for a shot, unfortunately.

Why doesn't the USFS issue permits for the entire forest? I wonder if it's a Fed/State complication with monitoring so much acreage?

Comment

Killing does on the Sabine national forest would be no problem during the gun season. it's getting the big boys to show up with no feed and limited time to hunt.

Comment

Thanks to work, my scheduled 4 day hunt for this weekend was cut down to saturday afternoon and sunday morning. Have'nt been too encouraged by reports. My 2 buddies have been camped out at the check station campsite since thursday and have'nt seen a thing. Maybe the incoming front on Monday morning will have them stirring sunday. Have a doe tag in my pocket for the Moore Plantation.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                    I don't doubt that!

Wife & I hunted Shelby Co NF land on Nov 17 & 18, saw 14 doe and really nice 9 point. He was chasing a doe and didn't give time for a shot, unfortunately.

Why doesn't the USFS issue permits for the entire forest? I wonder if it's a Fed/State complication with monitoring so much acreage?
                    I have talked to them about that until I'm tired about it....The biologist that makes that call is located in Jasper..

Comment

I have talked to them about that until I'm tired about it....The biologist that makes that call is located in Jasper..
                      we should drum up support around here to put som pressure on da man! I texted Mike Hanson about that. No reply... Not his job so why should he care right

Spud, you a Hallsville native? I am--Class of '05. Lived on outskirts of Longview tho
                      Last edited by woodsman; 12-07-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                        we should drum up support around here to put som pressure on da man!

Spud, you a Hallsville native? I am--Class of '05. Lived on outskirts of Longview tho
                        Nope. Moved here last year. I grew up in Joaquin on northern end of the Sabine. Hunted it my whole life

Comment

Nope. Moved here last year. I grew up in Joaquin on northern end of the Sabine. Hunted it my whole life
                          gotcha. I'm jealous, that is some of the most beautiful country in TX. Every year through grade school I spent Tgiving break on Shelby beach at my grandparents' lakehouse. It's where I learned to fish before I could walk

Shot my first anything on Tenaha creek at age 12. Big ole fox squirrel

Comment

Moore

Farm Road 114 starts Moore Plantation. 6 mile hunting club is off 201 and 2343.

Lots of good deer on Moore. Shot another nice 8pt during bowseason, but lost it. There are some good deer there. For some reason this year I have yet to see a doe, plenty of small bucks, but no does...Odd season this year.... at lease for me.

Comment

Anybody seeing much activity in the NF?

Comment

Deer are moving. Saw a buck with a doe this morning. Scrapes are being worked over.

Dad saw 2 bucks this afternoon. All 3 bucks were slot limit bucks

Pulled the cards on the cams and a lot of activity and 2 new bucks over the slot limit

Comment

Working...
                                X