Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakes Whitney and Aquilla 2012-2013- lets go hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules are weird. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      Rules are weird. Just my two cents.
      Rules are made to be broken

Comment

permit 292

Comment

I don't see were it said you can not use bikes, but I may be wrong. I would call the lake office and ask.

VEHICLES/PARKING

All vehicles must be parked at the designated access points identified on the map or at a boat ramp if accessing the area by boat. Vehicles should not be parked blocking gates. All vehicles must visibly display the vehicle parking tag while parked in the area. It is a violation of federal regulations to drive a vehicle through, around or beyond a restrictive sign, recognizable barricade, fence, or traffic control barrier. Use of off-road vehicles is prohibited in hunting areas. Unauthorized use of vehicles or ATV’s may constitute trespassing and/or revocation of hunting permit
          Last edited by arrowdiger; 08-24-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I don't think they've updated there rules online but there in the new print out that they hand you

Comment

There-in is part of the problem. Between the website, what they hand you, what may be posted at the office, what may be word of mouth, and the several years old- USACE Fort Worth District Hunting guide, there can be several different iterations.

Comment

I vote that Razerback01 e-mail them with a long list of question.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
                  I vote that Razerback01 e-mail them with a long list of question.
                  X2

Comment

Is is hard to find a straight tree down there big enough to climb

Comment

Originally posted by georgiaboy151 View Post
                      Is is hard to find a straight tree down there big enough to climb
                      Yes it is, but there are some. Remember no cutting of live or dead trees.

Comment

The best way to approach it would be to do it in person, and in a forum. i.e. maybe a post-season GTG at the COE office with a large number of hunters. Voice the concerns, but also give the COE a chance to explain why, etc. Work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          .........i.e. maybe a post-season GTG at the COE office .........
                          Always a rebel in the bunch .

My real post-season starts 1st of June .
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-26-2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiaboy151 View Post
                            I cant wait, 8 more weeks, I just bought a dead on rangefinder that goes in your sight, anybody ever used one
                            Love mine wish I had it last year

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGun View Post
                              Love mine wish I had it last year
                              If it's attached to your bow you CANNOT use it to hunt game animals.

Comment

Ok could you post the reg please i know that electronic ones are illegal in Colorado. Have not seen a regulation in Texas on non eletronic range finders.

Comment

Working...
                                X