No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might try to get out tuesday morning. Hoping I can hunt till around 10, scout a bit more then come home to get ready for work at 3pm

Comment

Well Raptor and I are making the trek. Hopefully one of us connects. No sleep last night, so a good tree stand nap is in order. Deer should be moving mid day, but what the heck, can't shoot them from the couch. Good luck to everyone out today.

Comment

Well I am up and set. Hopefully the deer cooperate. Raptor said he jumped one on the way in. Looks to be promising.

Comment

Well we are in tree all set. Dealt with your typical opening day stuff.... Woke up an hour late, tree I marked this spring is now dead, etc....we'll see how it goes

Comment

Good luck to all you sitting up there this morning. PT time for me fire academy week 6 begins now.

Comment

Nothing like sitting in the stand on a cool, calm morning. The birds are chirping and even the yotes were howling earlier right at day break. Good luck everyone who's out today and let's see if we can't get our first knock down of the year!

Comment

finally all settled in. i need to work on my system. rhink i spooked something coming in. never saw what though. good luck guys

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

OMG!!!!! I just had a humming bird buzz my head trying to feed on my bright orange hat. It scared the F'n **** outta me!!!!
                  No I did not scream like a girl, but I did jump!
                  Good luck to everyone. Sure is nice out.

Comment

Make it happen guys, I'll be following along from the sidelines(work)

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      OMG!!!!! I just had a humming bird buzz my head trying to feed on my bright orange hat. It scared the F'n **** outta me!!!!
                      No I did not scream like a girl, but I did jump!
                      Good luck to everyone. Sure is nice out.
                      Note to self," Thermacel does not work on humming birds"

Make it happen today guys, i will be following along from the sidelines(work)

Comment

I just had 3 does and 2 fawns walk by. Could have shot one, but the fawns still had spots. I let them walk. But it was hard watching bacon wrapped backstrap walk away. Hopefully there will be more.
                        They got to with in 20 yards behind me before I heard them. Super quiet.

Comment

we'll need verification from raptor that there was no girl screaming. I've had a couple birds land on this branch in front of me and squawk while staring at me 3 ft away. one of them was about to become lunch

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

So jealous. Wish I was back out there. This weekend was wet for sherry and I. Also you better have your orange on. Vest and hat. Even in the archery only. I hot a 171.00 to let for not having mine on. :-/

Comment

I would have shot one of those does!

Wish I was in the stand this morning. What a beautiful morning.

Comment

Good call on the does Damian. Let the young ones make it a couple more months then momma can be backstraps. That is the one thing I dislike about Texas bow season. We could use another few weeks after January to work on the does.

Comment

Working...
                                X