Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Saturday. I need set up some trailcams

Comment

Just wanted to drop in and say hello! I had a blast in the forest last year but hoping to get out a little more this year. Can't start scouting due to new business keeping me in the salt water on the weekends but hopefully things get a little easier by then.

Comment

How does it work to hunt public land? How do you claim a spot or where do you have to check in when you kill something? I'd like to try it one year or two

Comment

All land open to everyone - no need to claim just be 1st one there. Only check in i know of is checking kills during opening weekend of gun season @ designated check points with dept biologists. Hope this helps

Comment

I would like to hook up for some scouting with someone familiar with the forest and just kind of learn the ropes (not looking for anyone's spots). I work a rotating 24 hours schedule, so I don't have set days off and would be willing to work with someone else's schedule as much as possible.

Comment

i got some spots im wanting to check out any time next week ill be going up to and around stubblefield area if interested pm me

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                i got some spots im wanting to check out any time next week ill be going up to and around stubblefield area if interested pm me
                I think any number of us are interested in checking out the area where these big bucks have been sighted LOL

Comment

going to hit the woods friday morning before heading out of town... Next weekend I will be around if anyone wants to look around....... Is there going to be a opening day lunch again ?

Comment

lol i bet you guys would love to find my deer lol i got one set up for me and my dad and maybe my little brother if hets more practice in. this is my first season to hunt here with a bow so im really excited. i know alot of great areas in stubble field area so i shall be there maybe tomorrow morning and might even take my bow with me shoot a pig some where.

Comment

Rudy , where about in Willis are you ?

Comment

i live right by the ball parks in town down coal town road

Comment

80 days till the opener, but who's counting....

Comment

i am counting down lol. i actualy plan on going out tomorrow morning with my little brother. but i have no clue if i can take my bow out there out of bow season im just taking it incase i see a hog in a good spot i know. i been doing myu research but i dont see any where it says i cant. anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                              i am counting down lol. i actualy plan on going out tomorrow morning with my little brother. but i have no clue if i can take my bow out there out of bow season im just taking it incase i see a hog in a good spot i know. i been doing myu research but i dont see any where it says i cant. anyone know?
                              you can hunt hogs year round with any means(bow) so its ok.

Comment

Hike a mile or more in and someone sets up 60 yards away....
                                Well THERE's your problem... You're still hiking!

You gotta try riding man, it's the only way to go...

3 miles, without breaking a sweat, in less than 40 minutes. Gotta love it

Comment

Working...
                                X