No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone please tell me what LDP stands for!

Comment

Lay down pictures

Comment

Originally posted by ajmartinez View Post
        I thought it was Laying Dead Picture

Comment

Heading out to the woods again, got one day left to shoot something with my bow. Saturday I'm pulling out my old winchester.

Comment

My original assumption was little deer pictures, which is what all of my non-Texan friends call photos of Texas deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurchy View Post
              Well I found out my doe was actually a a little spike! He's nothing spectacular but for my first deer with a recurve, the first on public land, hell my first deer ever, I'm stoked!
              Here's some pics for you guys!
              Lurchy very nice. Love the recurve too, sure is beautiful.

Congrats dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
                Looks like the deer have slowed down a bit due to the warmer weather. I haven't got to hunt much over the last week because of work. But Saturday before I left, I stumbled along 5 scrapes within 100 yards of each other down a well traveled game trail. It upsets me that I haven't got to hunt it since I found it. I think it's time to break out the 30-30 this weekend... The new area has a bunch of small underbrush and I don't want to chance a mishap with the arrows...I figured the 30-30 would be ideal for the shot situations! Good luck everyone!
                Thats why I bought a .300 win mag this year! Nothing gonna stop that!

Reinin lead on saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by ajmartinez View Post

I am glad someone asked, cause I've been wondering myself, and I always forget to ask!

Comment

LDP = Laying Dead Picture

LDP's or it didn't happen!

Comment

Just got home from being out most of the day except for lunch. Didn't see anything else except for the three this morning.

Comment

You guys are better than me, it sure is hot! I came home after work and took a long nap! Yawn!

Rogue -- I will be in the woods (heat) tommorow for one last archery sit for the year. Good luck to you bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Norskman View Post
                          Lurchy very nice. Love the recurve too, sure is beautiful.

Congrats dude!
                          Thanks, I got it from Westside Archery. I don't remeber the gents name, but there is an old black man that really knows his stuff when it comes to trad. He helped me pick it out and get everything setup. The great thing was it was only $160 for it!

Comment

Well I got out of work and got up a tree as fast as I could it was 5pm set and ready to go.I let 30 to 45min go by then let a locator doe bleet just to get the attention of any deer in the area.I say 15mins go by I hear movement so I get set then I hear a cough and then I see a hunter walking through the woods but wait this guy has no weapon he just wants to take a walk in the woods at 6pm.So needless to say I climbed down and went home.I know thats the game on public land but to have a hunter knowing that hunters are in the area to just walk around in the woods with no intentions on hunting at movement 30 ain't cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen 1:28 View Post
                              Well I got out of work and got up a tree as fast as I could it was 5pm set and ready to go.I let 30 to 45min go by then let a locator doe bleet just to get the attention of any deer in the area.I say 15mins go by I hear movement so I get set then I hear a cough and then I see a hunter walking through the woods but wait this guy has no weapon he just wants to take a walk in the woods at 6pm.So needless to say I climbed down and went home.I know thats the game on public land but to have a hunter knowing that hunters are in the area to just walk around in the woods with no intentions on hunting at movement 30 ain't cool.
                              That's crappy, might have been a rifleman scouting for opening weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Lurchy View Post
                                That's crappy, might have been a rifleman scouting for opening weekend
                                Saw some of that yesterday, too. Plus, no orange. I guess some gun hunters don't realize that bow season exists.

Comment

Working...
                                X