Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOCKED LOCKED oh wait... I'm at my desk. =(

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
      nocked locked and ready to rock

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android
      Good luck! It was chilly on my motorcycle this morning as I headed to work, hopefully the deer are moving for you.

Comment

What's the Deal

Had an interesting thing happen to me Saturday afternoon in the woods, thought I'd run it by you guys. A buddy and I are hunting the backside of a pond, below the dam about 200 yards apart. I can see him, he is tucked up almost under the dam. I thought I heard a vehicle and looked over his head and there was a white Ford Expedition, green stripe down the side and said law enforement on it in green.

I hear two guys talking, mind you I cant see theme being below the dam, all of the sudden they open fire and shoot off at least 2 dozen rounds, maybe closer to 4 dozen rounds, firing at the same time at what seemed to be nothing.

What do you think about this, after shooting they got back in their trucks and left ruining any opportunities we would have had for the afternoon.

Location, locked gate FS road, turning off the FS road about a mile in and then down another dirt type road/ path. The area they are firing is a designated camping area (not during hunt season.)

I have debated if I make a phone call about this or simply let it be?

Comment

Originally posted by ajmartinez View Post
          Good luck! It was chilly on my motorcycle this morning as I headed to work, hopefully the deer are moving for you.
          You going back out this weekend again?

Comment

Make the call. It was the Federal Law Enforcement officers that patrol the forest. If it was them and they are going around shooting like that they need to forced to go find another job. Also call TP&W. They work together and the higher-ups would like to know if there are some bad apples out there.

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
              You going back out this weekend again?
              I may make an attempt again on Sunday morning. This week will be a little crazy, but I'd like to at least say I tried.

Comment

Sadly i am in my desk blind, good luck to all today.

Norskman, you figure out how to post from the stand yet?

Comment

Originally posted by txsoundshots
                  Heard something in the bushes so i took a sound shot ended up being just a coyote oh well...
                  Anyone want to get together after the season and call some yotes into bow range????

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                    Make the call. It was the Federal Law Enforcement officers that patrol the forest. If it was them and they are going around shooting like that they need to forced to go find another job. Also call TP&W. They work together and the higher-ups would like to know if there are some bad apples out there.

TPW said there is nothing they can do about it. They said to call the forest service who is closed for Columbus day. Will make the call tomorrow.

Comment

Anyone want to get together after the season and call some yotes into bow range????
                      Not sure if your talking about the forest or not, but i know a spot where i heard them everytime i went out and would see them run under my stand. Its overrun with hunters now, but would be wide open after deer season...

Comment

Count me in! Thi is something I love to do on my last hunt. Last year I gote a nice bobcat at the lease I use to hunt

Comment

for anyone that was out there saturday. Did y'all hear all the shooting and explosions in the evening? is there a range or something near by.

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
                            Sadly i am in my desk blind, good luck to all today.

Norskman, you figure out how to post from the stand yet?
                            Yup. Had a forker working a scrape 20 yds from me at 830 this morning. Hour later a few does walking north along the fence line but too deep in the brush for a shot. Have to pull up sticks if I don't have a shot at 11. PT appointment I can't miss at 1pm. Love this weather tho. Reminds me of the early season back in MN.

Comment

I am game for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
                                Not sure if your talking about the forest or not, but i know a spot where i heard them everytime i went out and would see them run under my stand. Its overrun with hunters now, but would be wide open after deer season...
                                Yeah def talking about the forest. I hear yotes out there every night! Makes it spooky walking as far back as I do with all that going on.

I also see people tlaking about Bear hunting in Arkasas on this forum. Seems it's pretty cheap to go hunt the public land there and camp out. I wouldn't mind going spring or fall season for sure! If anyone is interested in that send me a PM and we can talk about setting something up!

As for the yote's I am sure we can head out there in late jan or feb and atleast get some type of action. I wouldnt mind a fox or a bobcat.. or even a cougar if one walks out to mount.

Comment

Working...
                                X