No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2012 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt ground blinds got lucky one year took a wide short tined 8 and a turkey. just need to get it set up right and it should work out for you. It's also easier to put up a pop up, walking in tree stands blows when you then have to take them down and then put them back up every 72hrs.

Comment

Thanks for your vehicle input guys. Picked me up a little white Ford Bronco II that I will be filling the back full of meat this year. Hopefully... Finally got me some pictures of some bucks in the past week, also some does, pigs, racoons, and I believe what looks to be a blurry coyote. So pretty active spot none the less. Good luck fellas!

Comment

USNCPO raised in Fayetteville Ar. ? Which part?

Comment

No, Fayetteville, Texas....

Comment

Killed a 9 last season from a tree,,, on LBJ .. missed another one from the ground.. during gun season..

good luck chief!! (bubble-head for life)

Comment

Usncpo are you still in?

Comment

Yes I am. Almost 19 years now.

Comment

What unit? I just got out of the corps. I was at mals 41

Comment

I'm with the VR Wing.

Comment

Stopped by the Decatur office today and I was told conflicting information from the what I heard from last year about wearing orange during bow season. Last year I was told by an individual there that during bow season only we did not have to wear orange, but once general season started we had to.
                      Today a man who said he has only worked there for about 3 months said yes I had to even during bow season. I understand his concern, and I dont mind wearing it, but if there is a choice I would like to take it off in the stand especially during bow season. What do you all do during bow only season?

Comment

No orange needed during bow season..I always wear orange while dove hunting, but saw a lot of people that didn't...just remember that there are duck hunters and dove hunters with shotguns...during general season you have to wear orange into the stand and then can take it off...I've always thought that the horseback riders should wear an orange vest while riding through on units with trails...had a few come by while dove hunting on opening morning

Comment

I thought this was the rule on the grasslands. But like I said the man said he had only been there for like 3-4 months. I told him that different places that offer hunting have different rules, like the COE's. But he didn't know what COE's were. Then I started to question the hunter orange answer. Thank you for clarifying.

Comment

PastorIKE been following your other thread about hunting spots and stands being left out. Last year was a fly by the seat of my past as a first year bow hunter. But this year I have tried to scout as much as I can. Since doing so I have found an ladder stand that seems to have been there a few years, and a couple wood built set ups in trees. Kinda funny how you come accross an area and say this would be nice and then you look up and someone has already built something in the tree. Anyways... if the stand (some wood built structure) is already there, besides the potential of it being dangerous, if you do choose to hunt from it, are you then liable as if you built it if a ranger does comes apon you. Its a perfect spot, and its already there, just dont want to get into trouble for destroying wildlife.

Comment

Up in a tree right now come on venison!

Comment

Opted for the pop up today...brushed in and dry for now!

Comment

Working...
                                X