Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New to the public scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the public scene

Need a little help....

I am new to the public hunting scene but I am really interested in trying it out. Is there a definitive place to get info on permits, postcards, drawings, etc. for public land hunts? Is there any place that y'all would recommend or advise not to attempt? I realize that there isn’t any easy hunting on public land. I relish the thought. The original reason I switched from rifle to bow was for the challenge. I just want to make sure that I am putting in the work now for the 2012/2013 season. I am mainly looking for whitetail hunts, but I would jump at the chance to sight a pin on any game. Please let me know any wisdom you can share. Thanks
    Last edited by zacm1979; 03-28-2012, 12:31 PM.

TPWD has quite a few drawn hunts available. There is also some Fed land available for hunting.

Comment

when you get your type to permit they send you a book. but go to the tpwd website and you shoudl be able to track down the hunts and stuff that they have

Comment

Originally posted by zacm1979 View Post
        Need a little help....

I am new to the public hunting scene but I am really interested in trying it out. Is there a definitive place to get info on permits, postcards, drawings, etc. for public land hunts? Is there any place that y'all would recommend or advise not to attempt? I realize that there isn’t any easy hunting on public land. I relish the thought. The original reason I switched from rifle to bow was for the challenge. I just want to make sure that I am putting in the work now for the 2012/2013 season. I am mainly looking for whitetail hunts, but I would jump at the chance to sight a pin on any game. Please let me know any wisdom you can share. Thanks
        PM sent

Comment

Working...
        X