Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sabine N F, Angelina NF, Moore Plantation WMA ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabine N F, Angelina NF, Moore Plantation WMA ......

What is a better place to hunt? Moore Plantation, Sabine National Forest, Angelina National Forest?

Mostly deer, squirrels, and wood ducks if I can find em. I would like to see some wild turkeys. But, I would give them a pass since they are not very good table fare.

Hogs.... I could care less! I am closing on a home in Brookeland "Rayburn Country" and would like to hunt nearby on weekends and holidays when I am there. I will also have a lease in Newton County. But, I also like escaping to the national forest every now and then. I am equal opportunity. Bow, rifle, and muzzleloader.

You are moving to god country. Sabine NF is loaded with wildlife. You should have no problem locating a few big bucks in that area. Getting them on the wall takes a little commitment, but your in the right location.
    Good Luck!

Comment

You can't go wrong with any of those. I've hunted the Angelina for years and there are some good deer there. This past season was my first to hunt Moore and I seen a ton of deer and squirrels. I hunt the Sabine up around Huxley at least one weekend during season and have seen quality deer there too but that's just north of an hour drive from this area.

Comment

All this sounds very promising. Especially for some good squirrel hunting!

Comment

I could have limited out on squirrel just sitting in one spot at the Moore. They were everywhere but it's a good spot for deer and I didn't want to booger it up by blasting tree rats lol

Comment

Our old deer leases was bordered on all sides by the Angelina. I couldn't believe the size of the deer walking around. Spooky as a meth head in a police station, but big. Squirrels all over too.

Comment

BayouBoy
              I have hunted the Moore(turkey mostly) plenty deer to be had and some good ones also. Just have to get away from crowds and go in deep.

Comment

The more I hear the better it sounds

Comment

Buckmastertexas was the king of public land up in that area.
                  He sure would have been the one to ask.

Comment

There are no deer in the Sabine. Zero. Zulch. Better to hunt the Angelina.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntergirl723 View Post
                      There are no deer in the Sabine. Zero. Zulch. Better to hunt the Angelina.
                      And, Moore Plantation

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

And, Moore Plantation
                        Yeah, that one too. LOL. Good luck.

Comment

I rode around a small portion on the south side of the Angelina NF this weekend and saw 8 deer from the road.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                            X