No announcement yet.

Walk in Available - Daughtrey WMA Spring Turkey Hunt- March 19-21, 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished my last hunt in a different compartment (comp 5)
    saw plenty of hens but unfortunately no gobblers

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
      Not what I was hoping for but had group of 4 jakes come in a hour before I had to leave so taking 1 of em home with me
      Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by dchavez21 View Post
        Just finished my last hunt in a different compartment (comp 5)
        saw plenty of hens but unfortunately no gobblers
        I'm surprised you didn't have any luck in unit 5. I was there on the Javelina hunt and could not keep the birds away. Everywhere I went there were big flocks. I would see over 100 birds a day. I would have to run them off and they would come right back. Tons of Jake's and hens with a few gobblers. Every part of that unit was loaded while I was there. Never seen so many birds before. Didn't see any Javelinas though lol. Did video a big 11 point buck a couple times. Fun hunt though none the less and the staff there was great to talk to.

Comment

I was there too. I was drawn online but my picks were taken when the email was sent out. Had to go with my 6th choice. Had decided on 16 but changed it when biologist told me it wasn't manage and had overgrown grass. So I picked Forum and that was a bad choice. Saw plenty of deer and hogs but only one turkey. Had a guy hunting private land next to me that had corn feeders and the turkeys wanted to stay over there. He shot one too...also idk why i have to post a photo when replying
          Last edited by nhk001; 03-23-2024, 02:38 AM.

Comment

I was out there about 4 years ago on a management deer hunt in compartment 4. This was just behind the campground.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah i only hunted unit 5 for one afternoon and i was surprised myself i didn't see any more birds. From where i was i could see all the way to unit 4 and it was loaded over there. I think i counted at least 3 toms or jakes and about 20 hens coming and going from the campgrounds into unit 4. Sadly they were way too far out and not in my unit.

Comment

Yeah i only hunted unit 5 for one afternoon and i was surprised myself i didn't see any more birds. From where i was i could see all the way to unit 4 and it was loaded over there. I think i counted at least 3 toms or jakes and about 20 hens coming and going from the campgrounds into unit 4. Sadly they were way too far out and not in my unit.
                Hunted 4 Wednesday and Thursday, saw some hens but no toms. Saw a Jake at the campsite as I was checking out. Fun time. I also struggled with private land feeders lol

Comment

Anybody gonna try for standby on tuesday?

Comment

I will be there hoping to get a spot.
                    Anybody gonna try for standby on tuesday?

Comment

great to see ya all getting some action.

Comment

Weather gonna be as good as could hope for! Good luck fellas

Comment

Where is the education building? Is it same as headquarters?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Anybody hunting?

Comment

Hunting 13 south. Did not see or hear a turkey.
                                Last edited by wfontjr; 03-27-2024, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X