Youth Turkey @ James Daughtery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Turkey @ James Daughtery

Any advice on which compartment to choose for turkey hunting March 9-10. I've never been here.

2 years ago 5 & 4 were loaded. Saw lots birds in 9 & 10 also on a deer hunt. Been told 6 really good too. Was birds seen and called in, in every unit when we were there though. Biologist will give you advice on where, within the unit you get, day of.

Comment

We spotted some in unit 10 this year during the quail hunts

Comment

Saw them in 4 three years ago during deer season.

Comment

They probably won't be where they were during deer season. I'd try finding roots. Big trees close to the river and lake. Try calling them down early. Once they hit the ground they could go anywhere. Be great if you can find a strutting area.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            They probably won't be where they were during deer season. I'd try finding roots. Big trees close to the river and lake. Try calling them down early. Once they hit the ground they could go anywhere. Be great if you can find a strutting area.
            Biologist will tell you the spots in your unit that they been seeing them strutting when they are making their rounds

Comment

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately we will not be able to make it. BUT, the exciting news is my son has scored a Regional Tennis spot! Boom

Comment

Saw about 200 turkeys in unit 5. Groups of 40 at a time. Along the dry river.

Comment

Working...
                X