Going Live - Choke Canyon North Shore Unit 12/18/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Live - Choke Canyon North Shore Unit 12/18/23

My son and I drove up to try standby at James Daughtery/Choke Canton Either Sex hunt and we were lucky enough to have our name pulled from the bucket for Choke Canyon North Shore.

We are heading there now to find out our compartment but if anyone has any info they care to share I’d love to hear it. Sounds like a main road through the unit and then senderos in each compartment so plan is prob just pick a sendero and corn heavy.

Hoping we have good cell coverage and will try to keep this as live as possible. Hunt starts today and goes through Wednesday evening.
    Last edited by Rounder; 12-18-2023, 02:16 PM.

good luck!

Comment

Your plan is a solid one.

Might be worth rattling as well.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
        Your plan is a solid one.

Might be worth rattling as well.

Good luck!
        I have a set of horns with me

We are in unit 4 and we set up in the very back of it. Got our tent blind brushed in and some corn/sweet feed mix dumped out. Hope it brings them in

Comment

Hunted Unit 3 and 4 with my son on a youth hunt probably 10 years ago. We saw lots of deer doing exactly what u are doing - heavy corn on sendero and wait. Two other groups that week tried getting deeper in the brush and didn’t see or shoot the animals my son did. Best spot we had was at the end of the loop to the far west part of Comp 4. Could see down the road leading in and to the north on a sendero. Not sure you can still see like you could back then. Good luck and keep us updated.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
            Hunted Unit 3 and 4 with my son on a youth hunt probably 10 years ago. We saw lots of deer doing exactly what u are doing - heavy corn on sendero and wait. Two other groups that week tried getting deeper in the brush and didn’t see or shoot the animals my son did. Best spot we had was at the end of the loop to the far west part of Comp 4. Could see down the road leading in and to the north on a sendero. Not sure you can still see like you could back then. Good luck and keep us updated.
            Great minds think alike . That is exactly where we are sitting.

And we already punched our doe tag for this hunt. Now we have two full days to find a buck. I need to find the tutorial on uploading pics and I’ll post a few.

Comment

Another doe on our corn to the north already so really liking our spot.

Comment

Did staff put out bait for a few days prior to the hunt? If not the deer got on it quick!

Comment

The deer did find it quick…..no bait was out out before we got here to my knowledge. I think the sweet feed really helps them find it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Schlick head in da dirt

Comment

Awesome update. We saw a couple hogs in that area too…

Comment

Two does shot tonight…both by Choke Canyon N Shore groups (kid in 1 and us in 4).

Kid in compartment 5 on Daughtery shot and missed a good buck late and the group in 10 saw some good deer but decided to pass.

Comment

Congrats to you guys!!!

Comment

Congrats, hunted compartment 1 on Daughtery years ago. Bunch of deer but not too many Javelina.
                              Last edited by bossbowman; 12-18-2023, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X