Lower rio grande nwr - tecolote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower rio grande nwr - tecolote

Hello all! Just looking for any info on this tract. I drew what appears to be the first hunt on this tract of the 23-24 season. Exotic gun jan 25-28. I have hunted some of the other tracts of the LRGNWR in the past but this one is new to me and wondering if there was anyone here with any insight. Its only slightly over 1000 acres but seems to be in prime Nilgai country. With 16 permits over four hunts and my wife and I taking 2 of the 4 permits for the first hunt I feel our odds are pretty good.

Pm sent

Comment

Lose the orange

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Lose the orange
        ??

Comment

Nalgi vision is better than any whitetail you’ve ever hunted. They can see color and especially orange. Brush in good and above your orange vest. Good luck

Comment

There are Nilgai in there but it is somewhat open compared to other NWR. Need to stay downwind and walk very slow when moving.
            Since there are only 2 entrance gates that I know of, one on south and one on east, getting downwind can be a challenge with the
            prevailing winds. Grasses are high and very sandy soil so wear tall boots maybe snake gaiters.

Comment

Working...
            X