LANWR Dec 15th - 19th Archery Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LANWR Dec 15th - 19th Archery Hunt

Starting a thread for the upcoming hunt. Up until yesterday I wasn't sure I was going to make the hunt. A run of bad luck coming from a torn rotator cuff and gum abscess had it in doubt. Thankfully I'm able to still get the bow back with some grit and the dentist said he thinks that tooth can wait till after the hunt! Heading down thursday afternoon and staying at Adolf Thomae this time around in the camper.

I know we have a few other TBHers on the hunt, so yall feel free to chime in! I'll update as the hunt progresses. Good luck to all!

Y'all go get em! Will be following along- lots of TBH'ers on this hunt segment. Cold front looks like it will roll in Saturday for yall- should be a great hunt!

Comment

Yes sir. Aside from a little rain chance, I'm liking our weather!

Comment

Has anyone actually gotten their parking permit, etc?

I haven't despite calling yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
          Has anyone actually gotten their parking permit, etc?

I haven't despite calling yesterday.
          Yes sir I did on the 7th.

Comment

I’ll be there. Friday morning not looking favorable with weather but the rest of the days should be on fire. If there’s a meet and greet, I’m in!

Comment

Myself and a buddy will be there. We are heading down tomorrow. Looking forward to my fist LANWR hunt.

Comment

Good luck y'all! I'm still salty after monsoonfest we had so hopefully y'all make up for it and put some animals down.

Comment

Just something to think on.

Comment

H Smith was a straight up killer lol.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Didn't know you could shoot two bucks... am I reading it wrong?

Comment

On my way down now to get some scouting in. Looking forward to another fun hunt at LANWR.

Comment

Well this hunt has been a disaster before it even started. Of course I had cows get out the hour I’m suppose to leave. Barely made it to the camp spot before they locked the gate. Finally got to bed at midnight. Woke up and came to the realization I pretty much left more at home than I brought lol. Had to stop at Walmart for orange vest and hat, hunting pants, and bug spray. Don’t rush pack…

In route now to the laguna. Going to slowly work my way back to a good area I found two years ago, stopping to rattle along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                            lol I wondered if someone would catch that. One was my son (Hunter Smith) and the other guy was H. Smith too.

Comment

Minus 1 arrow!

Group of 3 pigs just came by at high noon. Couldn’t resist sending one. Good eating size if I feel like messing with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X