No announcement yet.

South Llano River State Park Youth Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt was great for us too. Son drew second domino and got a stand by the river that staff said had been producing well. Had a nice 9 point come up behind us early the first day but got busted seconds before he could shoot (door of stand was rattling, I should have caught it before we sit the gun on it). Had 3 axis that evening but never presented an shot opportunity. Next day has a small 4 point and loads of axis late but again, never gave an good shot opportunity. Got lucky and had 2 axis from the big herd come back about 15 minutes before shooting time and son was able to get a nice doe. Saw a few deer off in far distance the last morning, but again all stayed in the woods.

Tons of hogs & turkey. Saw too many to count every day. We saw a lot of game each day, but almost all were back in heavily wooded areas and never came into shooting lanes. Great Hunt, great staff, awesome time.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfisher_jr View Post
      Hunt was great for us too. Son drew second domino and got a stand by the river that staff said had been producing well. Had a nice 9 point come up behind us early the first day but got busted seconds before he could shoot (door of stand was rattling, I should have caught it before we sit the gun on it). Had 3 axis that evening but never presented an shot opportunity. Next day has a small 4 point and loads of axis late but again, never gave an good shot opportunity. Got lucky and had 2 axis from the big herd come back about 15 minutes before shooting time and son was able to get a nice doe. Saw a few deer off in far distance the last morning, but again all stayed in the woods.

Tons of hogs & turkey. Saw too many to count every day. We saw a lot of game each day, but almost all were back in heavily wooded areas and never came into shooting lanes. Great Hunt, great staff, awesome time.
      Congrats to your Son!

Comment

Originally posted by kingfisher_jr View Post

Congrats on the harvest! The two hunts I went on, every axis we shot was moving through and never had a shot where they were just standing still eating corn/alfalfa... We had short windows in shooting lanes and they would have been tough shots for most kids. Sounds like yall had a great time! Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

Comment

Been following as I'm heading down there for the hunt next week. Anxious to see how it goes.
          Thanks for posting up and congrats to all.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
            Been following as I'm heading down there for the hunt next week. Anxious to see how it goes.
            Thanks for posting up and congrats to all.
            Take a cushion to sit on. Seems every blind saw action and the pigs are fat, fat, fat.

Comment

It won't let me load photos it keeps saying too large. Anyways my kids had fun no axis for us as we had stands further back they drew dominos 7 and 9 out of 10. They both shot hogs and whitetail bucks. Charlie is great and everyone there was great. The group text was also a lot of fun seeing how everyone was doing and congratulating the kids on success. We enjoyed our time and seeing new country.

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                It won't let me load photos it keeps saying too large. Anyways my kids had fun no axis for us as we had stands further back they drew dominos 7 and 9 out of 10. They both shot hogs and whitetail bucks. Charlie is great and everyone there was great. The group text was also a lot of fun seeing how everyone was doing and congratulating the kids on success. We enjoyed our time and seeing new country.
                Congrats! How big were they bucks they harvested?

Comment

Nothing spectacular just a couple of 4 points. They were the only bucks we saw.

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                    Nothing spectacular just a couple of 4 points. They were the only bucks we saw.
                    Meat in the freezer. Congrats again!

Comment

Working...
                    X