Hagerman Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Deer

With the Hagerman hunts closed for the 2023 Season. Who here got one and or last year? Or even got one near by?

what? what happened to the H hunts? I really must have missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
      what? what happened to the H hunts? I really must have missed something.

Probably done for the year

Comment

Very slow all 3 segments. I was to able to get a doe in A.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Probably done for the year
          oh, I read it as they were not open to hunting this year.

Comment

Originally posted by zgajewski View Post
            With the Hagerman hunts closed for the 2023 Season. Who here got one and or last year? Or even got one near by?
            Texas Youth Hunting Program has a hunt for youth bow hunters in January. Although that is considered the 24 season I guess. ​
            Last edited by piercebronkite; 12-05-2023, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post

Texas Youth Hunting Program has a hunt for youth bow hunters in January. Although that is considered the 24 season I guess. ​
              Just looking for some deer that were killed thus far. I may sound bad for this but I don't mean it bad. If the kill rate for most adults isn't good I wouldn't suspect the youth to have much success.

Comment

Originally posted by zgajewski View Post

Just looking for some deer that were killed thus far. I may sound bad for this but I don't mean it bad. If the kill rate for most adults isn't good I wouldn't suspect the youth to have much success.
                Oh I agree. I dont expect much success from youth hunters either.

Comment

Youth hunts are tough, of course archery only, ground blinds, January, 3 people in the blind, 3 times the scent/movement/sound. The 3 that I assisted with the weather was bad, windy, and durn cold.

Comment

On a tangent, I saw several big does and fawns standing right by the side of the road in Myers yesterday evening. Pretty sure several of them were sticking their tongues out at me and laughing as I drove by.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      On a tangent, I saw several big does and fawns standing right by the side of the road in Myers yesterday evening. Pretty sure several of them were sticking their tongues out at me and laughing as I drove by.
                      I pretty much feel that every time I drive in there. They know they aren't hunted that hard.

Comment

Youth hunt there would be the toughest Texas hunt I could imagine. Low deer density (county wide), bow only (county wide), all the gear that must be hauled/ packed a long distance by less than full grown adults, super pressured deer that are surrounded by better options to live on and run to.
                        I wish em all the luck in the world! They are gonna need it!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X