Laguna Atascosa -illegal blinds-reported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa -illegal blinds-reported

Put this here as a warning, I found two blinds in unit 5, set out way before today. Limbs broken and brushed in. I reported to park and game warden with pics and goa locations.

rule are no blinds prior to 24hr and not supposed to break limbs.

not sure why people can’t follow the rules and try to claim areas ahead of time.

hopefully not y’all or your friends.

I sincerely hope they wait to take them down until the owners show up to sit in them.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
      Put this here as a warning, I found two blinds in unit 5, set out way before today. Limbs broken and brushed in. I reported to park and game warden with pics and goa locations.

rule are no blinds prior to 24hr and not supposed to break limbs.

not sure why people can’t follow the rules and try to claim areas ahead of time.

hopefully not y’all or your friends.
      I get the 24 hr rule I guess but the "no breaking limbs rule is a bit much for me. Don't get me wrong. I'm thankful we get to hunt these federal lands but their rules can be as nonsensical as some of TPWD's.

Comment

I was at the 11/10 -11/14 brutal hunt. Buddy found a tripod on scouting day. He was the first person to that area. Turns out, a hunter on the previous hunt left it there for a person on the 11/10 hunt.

Comment

I believe they can be brushed in with dead branches but not fresh cuts

Comment

It is a possibility it was left for someone else. Still against the rules. They pulled them down that night.

the brush is was cut bushes with a saw, brown now as we’re green when cut

Comment

Good call. I struggle with reporting, drives me nuts to get involved after a few questionable encounters with overzealous GW's. Saw a LOT of people not wearing orange AT ALL out there on 11/10 hunt, but I try to just mind my own business so didn't report it. I hate wearing orange but do so per the rules, kinda drives me nuts others get away with it but then I guess I could be more bold and do so as well. Rules are rules, I'm sure they won't claim their property so as to avoid any kind of fines.

Comment

Working...
              X