X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Seg C

Y'all post up

Dad and I got drawn, paid our money and did our orientation

Unfortunately, mom's hip replacement got pushed back from late Sept to early Nov so we are going to sit out this one

Good luck to all of you hunting C

You boys and girls need to get something going. Yes, its Seg C, less deer movement, forecast calls for rain all weekend. I'll be there, not hunting, just checking you in and and out. Good luck!

Comment

Deer are ruttin !
      Best of luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
        Deer are ruttin !
        Best of luck to all.
        Yep, maybe C will show out for once

Comment

I’m in Fannin and it’s on the backside of the peak rut but still good movement.

My dad had to back out of our Black Gap mule deer hunt due to heart issues so completely understand.
          Last edited by Kevin; 11-26-2023, 11:20 PM.

Comment

There were some good hunts during seg C last year. I had 2 encounters with giants, just couldn't quite get it done. Another guy I met close by had multiple close encounters as well. I know a few nice ones were killed that weekend last year. I believe bucks are coming out of lockdown and will be on the prowl again, maybe even harder than pre-rut! I would expect big things!

Comment

good luck fellas

Comment

Good luck. What are the hunt dates?

Comment

These two were in Big Mineral the Mon after Segment B in 2019. The smaller buck, if you can call him that was at my stand, and the other was right off the bike path about 2 miles off the main road. Both were locked on does. Never saw more than a handful of deer the whole weekend. But there are definitely monster bucks still at Hagerman. I had 2nd guessed my stand placement after not seeing much until that Monday morning. Then I knew I was just a day early rather than late lol.

Comment

Dang good bucks right there

Comment

My son and I will be there, found a lightweight tripod to use. Hopefully I can get to the spot I found. I agree with the comment that the bucks are on the prowl again, 2nd rut kicking off. We saw 5 deer, 2 bucks, while scouting, never knew we were there. The forecast has actually gotten better, it looked like a complete rain out all weekend. Looking more like Thursday will be miserable while setting up but Fri morning should be great! Good luck to all the hunters. Let's keep in touch with deer movement and hopefully some kills!

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                        These two were in Big Mineral the Mon after Segment B in 2019. The smaller buck, if you can call him that was at my stand, and the other was right off the bike path about 2 miles off the main road. Both were locked on does. Never saw more than a handful of deer the whole weekend. But there are definitely monster bucks still at Hagerman. I had 2nd guessed my stand placement after not seeing much until that Monday morning. Then I knew I was just a day early rather than late lol.
                        Studs! One of the bucks I saw last year was the biggest I've ever seen on the hoof! He was hot on a doe, around Dec 3!

Comment

What is required at check in on Thur.? I know hunting lic., proof of bow ed., Do you have to have a printed copy of the permit? Or can you show it on your phone? My printer is busted and I don't know if I ever printed a copy

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                            What is required at check in on Thur.? I know hunting lic., proof of bow ed., Do you have to have a printed copy of the permit? Or can you show it on your phone? My printer is busted and I don't know if I ever printed a copy
                            They will have a list of those drawn. Below is from the printed orientation
                            1. Must register at drive-through registration area located at:
                            Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge
                            6465 Refuge Road
                            Sherman, TX 75092
                                1. Registration begins at 7:00AM.
                                2. Remain in your vehicle.
                                3. Present the following (no exceptions):
                                  1. A valid, state-issued photo ID
                                  2. Valid State of Texas general hunting license including white-tailed deer and archery endorsements.
                                  3. Proof of having completed a Bow Hunter Education course.
                                    Please note: Hunter Education does not substitute for Bow Hunter Education.

Comment

Thanks Razorback!

Comment

Working...
                              X