LRGV Schaleben 12/7 - 12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV Schaleben 12/7 - 12/10

Hey everyone! I got drawn for the first week of December at Schalaben and started doing some research. Found this awesome community in the process and glad I did. I must have been living under a rock!

Anyone else on this hunt? I think it is pretty small with only 8ish each draw. Anyway, been looking around and only found minimal threads on this one so if anyone has some thoughts, I'd be grateful to have a conversation. Cheers!

ill be there the week after not much info about the place looks like its only been hunt a for a few years and super thick brush

Comment

That's what I'm gathering as well... I'm hoping to have a day and a half to scout ahead of time and hopefully make a little sense of the place.

Comment

Any updates on how it went?

Comment

It was a very hard, challenging hunt but a lot of fun. It is such a beautiful and gnarly landscape down there where the mesquites are the least of your concern when it comes to thorns. Saw lots of nilgai and deer scouting and Thursday. Once it warmed up everything slowed down. Definitely still saw some animals on Friday and Saturday but only 1-2 per sit. A cold front came through Sunday and everything was back moving again but from areas I wasn’t expecting and I didn’t have good distances for shots. No pigs to speak of but it was really dry. One guy saw javelinas consistently but didn’t want one. Out of 7 there, as far as I know only two of us shot at anything and no one took meat home unless a group got something Sunday evening late.

Comment

Good stuff. I had down next week. Hoping for some decent weather and looking forward to a fun trip.

Comment

Working...
            X