LRGV Teniente 11/16-11/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV Teniente 11/16-11/19

Didnt see a thread for the archery hunt at teniente for these dates. Its coming up in less than a week now! Im in, who all is gonna be there?

I'll be there with 2 others. Looking forward it!

Comment

Me and my hunting partner are real excited about it too! It'll be our first time targeting nilgai and hunting in that type of terrain, will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Comment

Just got back from the 11/9 -11/12 hunt. I did not have any luck. I know of one cow that was killed and one bull hit but not recovered. This all happened early in the hunt. The last 3 days were pure rain. I could have easily killed whitetail early in the hunt but this is the first hunt of this type where I literally never saw Nilgai. I saw plenty of sign they just were not moving in the rain. Only enter on county road 10 unless you have 4 wheel drive. 20 and 30 were getting slick. Good luck.

Comment

I will be there with my 12 year old daughter starting on Friday.

Comment

Thanks for the report Clay!

Comment

Good luck guys. Hope you have good weather. I’m at Laguna Atascosa right now and weather is awful. Rain just will not end. Only seen 1 bull and son saw 1 cow. Did Teniente last year and had even worse weather. Only positive it was only 2 of the 4 days so still saw stuff before the front. This hunt at Laguna the front hit about 1 1/2 hours after hunt started and it has rained ever since for the most part. Apparently nilgai are wimps and afraid of the rain. Our only sightings were when we had a 2 hour break in the rain on 2 days.

Comment

Clay6x45 Sent you a PM

Comment

Anyone had success yet?

We’ve seen about a dozen does with fawns 120 yards away and what we think was a Nilgai that snuck in behind and winded me this Morning.

Comment

My daughter stuck one last night!

Comment

That’s awesome congrats to you and your daughter!

Comment

Ninemile, congrats to your daughter ! And from one father of a daughter to another, to you too .

Comment

Ninemile. Congrats to your daughter. Sorry I didn't see your info request earlier. Looks like you didn't need any help. Way to go,

Comment

Congrats, ninemile! That's awesome. The 3 of us saw a lot of nilgai (several beautiful bulls) and tons of whitetail, but everything we wanted to shoot was either out of range or in the thick stuff. We could've gotten several shots at some does and a small buck, but chose to pass. It's a fun and challenging hunt. I think the swirling winds affected us - just doesn't mix well with hunting on the ground.

Comment

Congratulations young lady

Comment

Working...
                              X