Colorado Bend SP compartments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Bend SP compartments

Late post I know but starting my first drawn hunt of the year tomorrow at Colorado Bend SP. We get assigned to hunt a compartment so I was wondering if any other tbh'rs could suggest the compartments that have the best odds for exotics? Any help is appreciated.

Don’t remember the compartment number but it’s the left side of the camp ground along the river. Don’t know if any exotics are there but has some sure enough good deer.

Comment

Just got back from the youth hunt - a lot of deer harvested in compartment 1. Nothing at all harvested in compartment 4. Highest chance of exotics are the two compartments that are by Gorman Falls.

Comment

We hunted Compartment 1 last year and saw tons of deer, including several really nice bucks. No exotics seen. The ranger who took us on the tour of the compartment said there have been some blackbuck seen over the years, but few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
          Late post I know but starting my first drawn hunt of the year tomorrow at Colorado Bend SP. We get assigned to hunt a compartment so I was wondering if any other tbh'rs could suggest the compartments that have the best odds for exotics? Any help is appreciated.
          The times I have been there they said 4 and 5 by the river were the best chance for exotics and it would be Aoudad if any. I am sure some other stuff rolls through there every now and then but from what I have been told it is mainly Aoudad.

Comment

Got back from a youth hunt this past weekend.
            My youngest son shot an Aoudad in compartment 3.
            This was on the last morning of the hunt.
            Probably 300 yards past the stone gate entrance on Gorman falls Rd. and another 250 yards up hill on the right side of that road

Comment

Working...
            X