Palo Duro Canyon SP Aoudad Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palo Duro Canyon SP Aoudad Hunt

Well we finally drew the Palo Duro Aoudad Hunt and will be headed up there December 11th. It looks like they’ve changed up the compartments from years past. I was hoping to get some insight/preference regarding the different compartments. This year there will be 3 large compartments with four hunters per compartment. The drawn hunters will be able to pick which compartment they would like to hunt in based off the order their application was drawn in.
    Any insight would sure be appreciated!

Grats! How many did it take to draw?

Comment

Congrats!

I’ll be there in early December for one of the youth hunts. Love the park.

Can’t help you much on the hunt itself, but in my time there, I ran up a big ole herd of aoudad up top after climbing the “rock garden trail”. They were at the top once you got to the rim. Probably a dozen or more.

If the park store remains open (the hitchin post) go have a burger. They’re greasy and great.
      Also a great joint to hit up is green chilly Willy’s in canyon and get their chicken fried steak. Best I’ve ever had.
      You may not have any or good phone service while hunting but if you stay in the basin in the cabins, you should have excellent signal.
      Hope you post a semi live feed!

Comment

Thanks for the info! I’ll definitely take you up on the Burger and Chicken Fried Steak advice.
        I hope y’all have a great hunt!
        Were you able to stay in one of the apartments or the bunkhouse in the hunt zone? We were able to secure Apartment Forum

I’ll be sure to post about the hunt when signal allows. We do a lot of Western big game hunts and are excited to try our luck here in Texas.

Comment

Working...
        X