Drawn for EXO Devils River Del Norte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawn for EXO Devils River Del Norte

With only 18 points, I finally drew an exotic hunt! Devils River is one I've been gunning for for a long time!

I drew this hunt back when they had an archery only. It was a fun hunt. I missed an aoudad but killed some kind of goat/sheep. I hunted in compartment 3. Another guy was flinging arrows nearly every day in 5 and 6. Good luck and take everything you need in with you. It’s over an hour back to town. Be sure to call and reserve a room at the bunkhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      I drew this hunt back when they had an archery only. It was a fun hunt. I missed an aoudad but killed some kind of goat/sheep. I hunted in compartment 3. Another guy was flinging arrows nearly every day in 5 and 6. Good luck and take everything you need in with you. It’s over an hour back to town. Be sure to call and reserve a room at the bunkhouse.
      Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Fun hunt, we hunted it several years ago and got 5 aoudad I believe.

Definitely book a bed in the bunkhouse.

PM with any specifics.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
          Fun hunt, we hunted it several years ago and got 5 aoudad I believe.

Definitely book a bed in the bunkhouse.

PM with any specifics.

Chris
          Thanks! I've got a campsite reserved. The lady I spoke to told me that they don't reserve individual beds at the bunkhouse anymore, only the entire one. I have an A frame popup camper that is set up for boondocking so I'll be plenty comfortable.
          The TPWD lady that I spoke too gave me lots of good info and was very helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post

Thanks! I've got a campsite reserved. The lady I spoke to told me that they don't reserve individual beds at the bunkhouse anymore, only the entire one. I have an A frame popup camper that is set up for boondocking so I'll be plenty comfortable.
            The TPWD lady that I spoke too gave me lots of good info and was very helpful!

We are going to be out there for the GDM hunt in Dec. I hunted there in 2006 also. Talked to the hunt coordinator and he said all camping is don’t by headquarters as all normal campsites are in hunting units. It’s rough country out there. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ZINS708 View Post

We are going to be out there for the GDM hunt in Dec. I hunted there in 2006 also. Talked to the hunt coordinator and he said all camping is don’t by headquarters as all normal campsites are in hunting units. It’s rough country out there. Good luck!
              Are you still running and gunning with Greg from the " A team " on this hunt?

I have been a fan of Greg and the A team for a while and follow every hunt he is on.

I know for sure you were running with them last year ( your initiation hunt) but was wondering if you were able to keep up with those young regulators.
              Last edited by RiverRat00; 10-18-2023, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X