TPWD required ATV sticker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD required ATV sticker?

Was going to take my Kawasaki Mule to the Richland Chambers/Trinity Unit hunt but saw in the letter that you must have a "current ATV/ORV registration sticker, ATV operators must have completed an ATV safety course, must wear approved helmet and eye protection". Do they enforce all that? If so, I'd rather walk. Thanks for any input based on past experience.

Epstein didn't hang himself and the search function sucks!

I didn’t even know most of that was a thing.

Comment

Chew, call the office. They’ll explain.

Comment

It appears that they are not that concerned about it after all. Hopefully I was told correctly.

Comment

I got my sticker for that hunt last time I drew for an atv… nobody checked anything at that time…. But it was under a different “system “ then

let me know what they say

Comment

I've been there multiple times. I have never seen them check anybody. Usually they say something to the effect in the orientation that you need to have all that but they are not checking.

Comment

No riding wheelies on the way to the stand! Now, if you got a big buck on the back- POP WHEELIES!!

oh and no doing donuts around “Budlight Pavillion”

Comment

Chew is the trinity unit the one below the dam?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                  Chew is the trinity unit the one below the dam?
                  I've never actually been to Richland Chambers before in my life. All I know is they have the north, south and Trinity and I'm assuming it's the one closest to the river.

Comment

Nice! I’ll dig up my compartment map and check. Gun Deer either?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      Nice! I’ll dig up my compartment map and check. Gun Deer either?
                      My son and I got gun/doe/spike. Oct 10-12.

Comment

I’ve been to RC, Big lake bottom, and Keechi creek where they all allow 4 wheelers and neither place has ever really required the stickers. They will just say don’t act like a fool while on one.

Comment

Trinity is the "South" unit of Richland Creek. Frentress is the "north" unit.

They tell you to have all of that but nobody will check it unless you're acting like a fool and they have to call the game warden on you and then you'll probably get a ticket for not having any of it.

I did the ATV safety course online before the first time I hunted Big Lake Bottom. I usually go ahead and go online and get the decal but once I never received it and once it took like 6 weeks for them to get the decal to me which was well after the hunt was over.

Comment

Here you go,
                            they did not check, stickers or safety equipment 2 years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	131
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	26606344

Comment

Sent you a PM with my number. I’ll send you a few pins.

Comment

Working...
                              X