Heads up on Aransas NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up on Aransas NWR

Sister sent me this from the bookface just now.
    Attached Files

They did the same thing with a special nilgai hunt me & my uncle Hank drew & went on @ LANWR
    it became a zoo @ orientation, then the jefe gave me crap about coming in from the north end by water to avoid the crowds
    a real cluster
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-04-2023, 10:42 AM.

Comment

They have about 50 standbys every season lol.
      We are almost to the point we aren’t gonna put in for it anymore and just plan to walk on every October. Only perk to drawing is the scouting but if you hunted it yearly the learning curve eventually gets shortened down enough pre hunt scouting days become less enticing.

Comment

Ah OK, I didn't realize. With the cubed points that definitely sounds like a better plan, no sense in wasting points drawing if standby is pretty reliable.

Comment

There's a reason so many standby exits

Comment

Everyone that looked at this post just got picked standby!

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
              There's a reason so many standby exits
              That ain’t no joke. If it wasn’t for so many new people showing up in the draw system each year that do zero research and just apply to everything, Aransas could cut they’re permits to 100 and still have left overs.

Im curious how long it goes before word is fully out there and people stop applying all together.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post

That ain’t no joke. If it wasn’t for so many new people showing up in the draw system each year that do zero research and just apply to everything, Aransas could cut they’re permits to 100 and still have left overs.

Im curious how long it goes before word is fully out there and people stop applying all together.
                Yep!!!
                If they are not going to charge more for an application, then they should only allow 3 apps in a category like they do for the youth drawings. I have been trying to find the draw hunts info from years past. Most of the least desirable hunt's applications have doubled or even tripled in the past 5 years.
                The most discouraging thing is, for as many unaccepted apps Aransas has is that we have never been selected in the second drawing and we put in every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Static1968 View Post

Yep!!!
                  If they are not going to charge more for an application, then they should only allow 3 apps in a category like they do for the youth drawings. I have been trying to find the draw hunts info from years past. Most of the least desirable hunt's applications have doubled or even tripled in the past 5 years.
                  The most discouraging thing is, for as many unaccepted apps Aransas has is that we have never been selected in the second drawing and we put in every year.
                  That’s unreal. I thought everyone got drawn for this place.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post

That’s unreal. I thought everyone got drawn for this place.
                    Swamp, we get drawn every few years, but with so many apps available for 2nd drawing we have never been drawn on 2nd drawing.

Comment

With the weather change - they should be moving.... they rut early also there - could be a good week for those that are going - good luck, post pics....

Comment

Working...
                      X