Fort Cavazos (Hood) new regulations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Cavazos (Hood) new regulations.

For anyone who wants to know how to get started I will point you in the correct direction. Texas draws are starting to get harder each year, want to make sure everyone still gets a chance to hunt.
    Last edited by jaredmartin; 09-19-2023, 09:29 AM.

Did you just invite 10s of thousands of people to you honey hole?

Comment

once people learn how, most still won’t do it.
      Last edited by jaredmartin; 09-19-2023, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Teach me!

Comment

I grew up in Gatesville and never knew you could hunt there.

Comment

It's not hard. Fort Cavazos implemented many new changes this year. No more guided rifle hunts. No more permanent blinds or feeders can be left out. Pack in/out. Feeders can be hung from tress between certain dates. Biggest change is they have an online check in check out system. Many old timers don't like it. Many say they won't hunt there this year. But many are like myself, only option. If they had another place to hunt they wouldn't be hunting there. The hunting is great. You have to deal with training areas being closed, free range cows and many other hunters but it is what it is. Goo dluck and God Bless. I'll see you on the range.

Comment

It’ll always be Fort Hood to me.

Comment

No trail cameras allowed now. That takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. One on my areas had its quota shot out in two days last year. When hunters walk in the dark to hunt with no blinds in place in the morning, how will everyone know where others have set up?

I will miss talking to Danny at the Sportman's Center. He is a great guy.

Comment

If you have any information that can help. I would be happy to get some from you since you have some experience with this location.

Comment

I got signed up a couple days ago. All i need to do now is register my muzzleloaders. It has surprisingly easy. I started hunting on base in about 1980. My dad even guided for several years. I quit after they went to their last system where you had to call in at noon to try and get a spot. The line was constantly busy by guides filling spots they new they were not going to use, Even as a fireman trying to get in an area during the week was near impossible. I LOVE the fact they no longer have guides or stands. The base does no open up again to hunting until this weekend and ill be at the lease but i look forward to next week when i can try to get a unit during the week. Already spotted a good group of turkeys just driving roads you dont need permission to drive.

Thank you OP for this thread. I was certain id never hunt there again after i quit in 2002

Comment

Oh wow, they finally did away with the stupid TeleTrac system

Comment

How about a little Fort Hood live hunt. First time out here in 20 years or so. Already in a tree. Found a couple trails packed with tracks going to private land. I'll be sore for sitting in the tree until dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          It’ll always be Fort Hood to me.
                          Yep same with Fort Polk. I refuse to recognize the woke liberal bull caka.

Comment

The Fort was good to me this morning

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              The Fort was good to me this morning
                              Congratulations on a great buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X