Elephant Mountian youth Mgt Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elephant Mountian youth Mgt Hunt

My son drew the Elephant Mountain youth management hunt this year he can harvest a whitetail or mule deer buck.

looking for any information I can get on the area from anyone who has hunted it in the past. I am no stranger to the spot and stalk game and expect to spend some time behind the glass. Definitely want to make this a success for the kid so tips on compartments water sources etc are welcome.

I think there is at least one other TBH’er with a kid on this hunt

Congrats

Comment

Congrats on the draw! Hope yall get a good one!

Comment

We are going to give it all we’ve got

Comment

Congrats to your son. My son was picked in 2013. We hunted the northeast side of the mountain. There was a stock tank and it is flatter than areas around it We saw several whitetail in that area as well as mule deer. The weather can change quick up there. When we arrived the temperature was in the 70's and the second day of the hunt it was 17 degrees with sleet and snow with 20+ mph winds. We found a 3X3 bedded up. My son looked at me and said I don't care how big he is, I'm gonna shoot him. We stalked to within 100 yards and shot him in his bed. It is one of the most memorable hunts I have had with my son.

Comment

Awesome. My son won it last year. They allowed us to shoot elk. First day it snowed 8" and we found a lone bull track. After the hunt we found out 20 elk had been right by my truck while we were on a side we couldn't see lol. One young lady took a 378" bull while we were there.

Comment

Y'all are going to have a blast. I won an archery hunt several years ago. It's an awesome place!! Congrats and can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Working...
              X