Won Aransas NWR Archery Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won Aransas NWR Archery Permit

Super Stoked!! Just won the Aransas NWR Texas Draw Hunt....a week hunting trip on the coast, lets go!!!
    Attached Files

Ever been?

Comment

Good luck !

Comment

The Holy Grail!

Comment

More like the red solo cup. They basically give that one to whoever applies - nobody I’ve met that’s drawn it even goes.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
            More like the red solo cup. They basically give that one to whoever applies - nobody I’ve met that’s drawn it even goes.
            This is very close to the truth. The only way to not draw this place is to just not apply

Comment

Well, I'm like zero for forty on draws so I'll take what I can get! Thanks for all the useful info

Comment

If hunting across the entire US was as difficult as this place. Everyone would quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes Cycles View Post
                  Well, I'm like zero for forty on draws so I'll take what I can get! Thanks for all the useful info
                  Shoot me a message if you have any site specific questions. Don’t expect any hot tips or juicy info because I literally don’t have any. But I can walk you through the surroundings

Comment

Thermocell,Thermocell,Thermocell w/ head netting ! It is a challenge there that’s why only Real hunters go- you should do great

Comment

The cool thing about that place is that you can shoot an arrow at a deer, miss completely, and when you find your arrow it’s still covered in blood (some of which is probably yours).

Comment

I hunted there for years…. Learned many tricks. Be sure to aim high at deer. By the time your arrow cuts through all the mosquitoes, it will impact lower then you expected. Closest thing to hunting Alaska tundra you will see in Texas.

Comment

If you don't live too far away, its a great place to visit and check out all the gators and great birding. If u have kids its pretty great for them too. Stop by visitor center and usually the folks are great and ask for info on the hunt. They have been very free with info. Not gonna go there this year we got LANWR instead. Also some great fishing around there too.

If in Rockport you can easily wade off Airport road.

For fishing check out the Aransas Pathways website for kayak launches and wade info.

Goose Island state park is great place to stay and fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been meaning to take a short ride to the auto loop and check the place out. Maybe Friday when I’m off I’ll take the kid and go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                              I’ve been meaning to take a short ride to the auto loop and check the place out. Maybe Friday when I’m off I’ll take the kid and go check it out
                              If you haven't been since the rebuild, check out visitor center and then go out back doors and trails are there to the swampy area where lots o gators, or you can drive up aways. We always see them there and the baby ones are cool. Heron Flats trail we sale males fighting for the ladies, omg amazing and scary as crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X