E Bike Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E Bike Tires

my times down at LANWR have been iffy with the tires I had. I had liners and flat out, but still got flats. Got some new tires. I like the looks of them. seem to be beefier than normal tires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tires.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	26582496

They do look good and beefy.

I use Mr. Tuffy liners and slime.

Keep a legit air pump with the bike at all times. Small ones can work, but usually have resulted in being incapable.

IF you puncture a tire while cycling, like I have, immediately start pedaling your *** off back to the parking lot. See if it seals and holds. I’ve had it hold and kept hunting and continued for days, I’ve had it hold and leave me with a flat. I’ve had it leave me with a flat the following morning after a hunt and as late as well after I’ve returned home.

There’s just no telling how bad or what puncture will do it to you. I get trying to bullet proof a tire for sure. I think giving that special attention is certainly important, folks that give zero attention are the ones you pass up walking their bikes back.

I’ve found a big stand up pump can get you back, even if it’s repeated inflation attempts. Until the actual tube falls out- which left me cussing myself for forgetting my large pump the last day just to go retrieve my gear after getting a Nilgai extracted.

I hope this helps you and other readers in their bike preparations for Laguna this year.

Good luck this year

Comment

Have you considered going tubeless tires? I am no expert by any means. every time I talk to guys that have experience with MTB stuff they tend to believed tubeless tires are far better at preventing flats.

Comment

I've also heard going tubeless is better. My tires are 20x4 on an E bike. i figured it would be kinda pricey to switch over. However, it is something to look into.

Comment

Can use motorcycle/scooter tires also for greater puncture resistance.
          https://custom-ebike.com/blogs/cool-...0really%20fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

Keep a legit air pump with the bike at all times. Small ones can work, but usually have resulted in being incapable.

IF you puncture a tire while cycling, like I have, immediately start pedaling your *** off back to the parking lot. See if it seals and holds. I’ve had it hold and kept hunting and continued for days, I’ve had it hold and leave me with a flat. I’ve had it leave me with a flat the following morning after a hunt and as late as well after I’ve returned home.

There’s just no telling how bad or what puncture will do it to you. I get trying to bullet proof a tire for sure. I think giving that special attention is certainly important, folks that give zero attention are the ones you pass up walking their bikes back.

I’ve found a big stand up pump can get you back, even if it’s repeated inflation attempts. Until the actual tube falls out- which left me cussing myself for forgetting my large pump the last day just to go retrieve my gear after getting a Nilgai extracted.

I hope this helps you and other readers in their bike preparations for Laguna this year.

Good luck this year
            I have an air pump that looks like a 12 volt dewalt drill. it is light and runs off 12v as well as a "battery" I'll get a picture of it tomorrow. It will be with me at LANWR

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

Good luck this year
              Are you still on that same ECOTRIC bike?

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                Can use motorcycle/scooter tires also for greater puncture resistance.
                https://custom-ebike.com/blogs/cool-...0really%20fast.
                yeah, I remember hearing that a while back but I couldn't find any the right size. Most of the ones I found were in metric. I am hoping these along with liners and flat out will do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                X