Big Bend youth hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bend youth hunt

My daughter drew a mule deer tag for Big Bend. Anyone else going with their child this year or or done this hunt before?

Congrats on your daughter drawing. PM sent

Comment

My son drew out for this hunt too! I also hunted down there in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by 1-taylormade View Post
        My son drew out for this hunt too! I also hunted down there in 2019.
        Are y’all planning to camp in your unit or at the bunkhouse?

Comment

What a great few days in some beautiful country!! My daughter and I had one heck of a great time and saw a number of muleys. We got on a monster of a muley Tuesday evening at about 700 yards and made a move on him but couldn’t ever get a clear line of sight for a shot once we got inside 250 yards. Fortunately we crossed paths with him again Thursday morning but he was at 40 yards when we rounded a corner in the road and he boogered out into the thick grease brush and ocatillo before we could get on him and we never saw him again before hunt ended. He was probably 28-30” wide, tall 4x4. He was truly a beast of a west Texas muley.
          Saw some doe and a spike as well. Highlight of the trip for us besides the hunt/stalks was camping in the bunkhouse with a great group of dads and kids. You couldn’t have asked for a better group to share camp with. It was just an all around great experience. Cannot wait to go back!!

Comment

Awesome man!!! Sounds like a great trip!

Comment

Thanks for the recap! I'm glad you had constant action, but sad you couldn't get on the big muley. Looks like she may be able to draw again in a few years if the lotto rolls in your favor.

Comment

Sounds like a successful experience to me. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Great memories

Comment

Thanks for the recap. Glad to see you and your daughter had a great time out there. Too bad the big one slipped away, but that's why they call it hunting. That place is addictive, I hope I can get drawn to go back sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X