Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapevine Lake '23-24

New year, new season, new thread

Happy to say I am in this year, looks like a few others are too. Congrats to everybody who was drawn.

For any newcomers, take away this one thing... there are NO deer at the vine.

Good luck everyone and be safe.

Congrats! Do we know if they're still calling folks?

Comment

Have they sent out all the draw winners?

Comment

man looks like I'm 0 for however many years the draw has been going on. One day my luck has to change right?! Congrats to those that are in. I'm sure SFA and Mr Public will be out there!

Comment

When did they contact you Wile?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
            When did they contact you Wile?
            I got the email on Friday. Y'all make sure to check your junk mail, it went to my junk folder automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              man looks like I'm 0 for however many years the draw has been going on. One day my luck has to change right?! Congrats to those that are in. I'm sure SFA and Mr Public will be out there!
              Don’t be so certain! Heck, I’m a bad hunter in this aspect and not proud of it... One year I drew it and I’m admitting I never even made it to Grapevine once. AND I feel bad for it because I took away an opportunity for another hunter that could have- things just did not work out for me that season.

I haven’t been drawn since and rightfully so.

Comment

No permit for me this year...bummer. I guess I'll be focusing on LBJ! Happy hunting!

Comment

Hopefully, you'll see something. You'll need to hunt hard to make this season count. Congrats to all who were drawn! I'll try my luck next year.

Comment

I gave up on applying several years back, I think I went 6 years without getting drawn. However my son is 13 and can hunt without a permit so we will be hitting it hard in between trips to our lease. This will be his first public land deer hunting and he is looking forward to it!

Comment

Yall do any good this weekend?

Comment

Wanted to see if I could get some general guidance on hunting Grapevine. Got drawn this year (1st time) and scouted but isn't like what everyone else described. I parked on 377 walked west both near the creek and several hundred yards off in about a 3.5 mile loop. It was not thick cover and 95% elm trees. I found a few oaks but doesn't look like they produced any acorns this year. I was thinking getting far away into the deeper parts of the property would be good but found almost no sign. Not looking for anyone's secret spots but would appreciate some general guidance / direction.

Comment

Just gotta get boots on the ground, you'll find the sign. My first year there I probably hiked 20 miles out there one weekend checking out different areas and game trails before I found a couple that seemed decent. I've had success narrowing down where the deer are by going everywhere they aint.

Comment

Killed 10-15-23 at LBJ!

Comment

Nice deer, saw it on Facebook too.

Comment

Working...
                              X