2023 Hagerman Segment B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Hagerman Segment B

I will be at Hagerman on my Golden Ticket punched last year when I let the air out of a 125 lbs doe. It was an amazing, adventure filled hunt. From the prep work that went into it to the knowledge gained, it was an experience of a lifetime, and I expect this year to be no less. Hopefully there won't be any dogs

Life has gotten busy and I havent been able to scout yet. I havent really been on TBH that much either. I did a search and didn't find a 2023 thread for B so figured I would get 'er going. Best of luck to those that were drawn. If you want to split a hotel room, i already booked a room in Denison back in March. I should be out there scouting soon.

Good luck to all of the Seg B hunters, bro and I will be dragging up the rear in Seg C

Comment

I stayed at Tanglewood Resort on Lake Texoma in 2019. It is 20 minutes away. My room wasn't fancy, but the breakfast buffet until 11 am was great, and they have a bar that serves food at night. Not sure what it is like today however. I would scout after Segment B is over to locate the most recent sign and best spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle_Milty View Post
        Good luck to all of the Seg B hunters, bro and I will be dragging up the rear in Seg C
        Hey there. I responded to your pm. Not sure if it went through based on it was my first pm since the upgrade.

Comment

I got. Thanks for responding. I’ve been in CO elk hunting or should I say bow hiking. Tough hunting compared to last year.

Comment

I was out their last weekend, and I could not find any trees producing acorns. Years that don't have acorns the deer move more looking for food in other areas I have hunted. Also, there are tons of pigs! We will be there for seg A.

Comment

Funny, in all the scouting I have done, the days I hunted pigs when I won the pig hunt, and three three days spent in the trees deer hunting last year, I have seen 2 pigs and probably close to 35 or 40 deer. And the two pigs combined were in my line of sight for a combined total of half a second.

Comment

I have seen a LOT of pigs over the years while scouting, very few to none while deer hunting. A lot some years while hog hunting, and few/none some years on the hog hunts.

Comment

Went to orientation last night and got some good news... Even if there is a government shutdown beginning on Saturday of Segment B, they're going to do everything possible to allow us to continue the hunt. Kuddos to those in charge...they are some of the best folks out there.

I'm itching to have at it again this year. 7 folks on golden tickets from last year.

Comment

I was tentatively penciled in to work Seg C (volunteer), if the Govt shuts down I could probably switch to Seg B, just have to see what happens. Seg B is my favorite anyhow. Better/more deer, more weighing/measuring, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                      I was out their last weekend, and I could not find any trees producing acorns. Years that don't have acorns the deer move more looking for food in other areas I have hunted. Also, there are tons of pigs! We will be there for seg A.
                      They are there. The acorns that is. I live right by the refuge and post, blackjack, and red oaks all have a decent acorn crop. Post oaks have started dropping already.

I was also pretty pumped to hear Kathy say they are working on keeping the B hunt going if a shutdown happens. In the 90's I had a Hag B hunt rescheduled to mid December due to govt shutdown. Almost nothing was killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

They are there. The acorns that is. I live right by the refuge and post, blackjack, and red oaks all have a decent acorn crop. Post oaks have started dropping already.

I was also pretty pumped to hear Kathy say they are working on keeping the B hunt going if a shutdown happens. In the 90's I had a Hag B hunt rescheduled to mid December due to govt shutdown. Almost nothing was killed.
                        Your right, the first scouting trip I was in areas that did not hardly have any but on the 2nd scouting trip we found areas with lots of red oaks producing acorns.

Comment

Seg B this year. First timer at Hagerman.. Made one scouting trip, hoping to make a couple more. Hopefully better success than elk this year. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Burned up some boot leather scouting today. Saw 5 or 6 deer at sunrise. Still haven’t found the spot, but I’ve crossed a lot of places off.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1885.png
Views:	1263
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	26618024

Comment

Seg B you're up next.

Comment

Working...
                              X