Info about LANWR - for this year anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info about LANWR - for this year anyway

Last time I was down at LANWR(2, 3 years ago I think) The guy that opened the gate for us on County road(sorry, can't recall his name) mentioned that the feds were gonna open up LANWR to the public year round like other federal entities do. They were in the early stages of it.

I asked Sarge(via FB) about that for this year. He said it would be closed to the public this year. Which I believe is a good thing on several fronts.

thought I would pass it along.

That’s good news! Hope we get drawn, pending 2nd

Comment

Yeah, I dread the day when they open it to the public during hunts. I can picture activist creating havoc. My main concern is leaving my bike along the road. Guess I'll have hide in the brush.

Comment

I can imagine what the anti-hunters will do to your equipment when you are not around.

Comment

This will be my first year down hunt LANWR, from reading through the various threads posted I have gathered that the majority of deer, Nilgia and hogs are taken in unit 8. Not asking anyone to confirm this but seems to me thats because more people hunt unit 8 so naturally more animals taken would come from 8 due to the relation to the parking areas/short walk/bike-in.

For those who have experience down there, do more people tend to gravitate towards 8 cause its close(er) to parking?
          Last edited by Garrett Harlan; 09-13-2023, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Harlan View Post
            This will be my first year down hunt LANWR, from reading through the various threads posted I have gathered that the majority of deer, Nilgia and hogs are taken in unit 8. Not asking anyone to confirm this but seems to me thats because more people hunt unit 8 so naturally more animals taken would come from 8 due to the relation to the parking areas/short walk/bike-in.

For those who have experience down there, do more people tend to gravitate towards 8 cause its close(er) to parking?
            From my one time down there. Yes most people are close to the roads where they can park, ride a bike or walk easy. Once you start bushwacking through that place you will understand why. I ran into three guys that were hunting the road I was biking on. I saw several tripods and blinds people took in. I feel like it's the same anywhere you hunt public. Guys will hunt where there is easy access and they can see a lot.

Comment

Has anyone heard if the orientation will be video again or in person for 2023/2024?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X