Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tannus Armour bike tire inserts or solid tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tannus Armour bike tire inserts or solid tires?

anyone here have any experience trying out these bike tire inserts or solid tires to prevent flats for south tx public land hunts? I've tried slime and "puncture proof" tubes with little success preventing flats so looking for something better if there's anything out there. I found these which look interesting but still doesn't appear to be a lot of protection on the sides of the tires. I have a bike but I don't know much about this sort of thing.

inserts:
    Tannus Armour protects your tube against 90% of common bike flats using 15mm of multi-cell foam. The best flat protection for your bike.  Say goodbye to pinch and puncture flats.

They also have solid tires which are mainly for road use but might work ok on gravel/dirt roads but idk.

solid tires:
    Tannus airless bicycle tires are puncture proof bike tires that don't go flat. Bike tires that are solid and made out of a lightweight foam that will last long

I would think the solid tire will rattle your teeth loose.

Comment

I ride pretty much every weekend and rarely flat due to punctures. Are thorns getting ya or rock slices? Out of those options I would go Tannus, and be conscious of what you are riding over/through

Comment

Originally posted by guitarpreston View Post
        I ride pretty much every weekend and rarely flat due to punctures. Are thorns getting ya or rock slices? Out of those options I would go Tannus, and be conscious of what you are riding over/through
        definitely only thorns. I only ride for these hunts so I'm not doing any real mountain biking. It's usually caliche roads or soft/sandy soil and thorns. I rode once on a scouting trip at Richland Creek and that was extremely rough due to the tree roots and ruts in the roads but never had flat issues there.

Comment

Working...
        X