No announcement yet.

Youth South Llano SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are staying in Junction at the Holiday Inn. Thanks for the info I will try to find the right corn. Yeah I wasn't expecting huge bucks, but also wasn't sure on how long the kids should hold out. My kids actually drew the Chapparal 6 years ago and they shot nice bucks and passed a few so I didn't know if it was going to be like that for the deer. Definitely hoping for some Axis and my son wants a hog

Comment

Just saw some <200 ppm labeled corn at Walmart. #40for $9.

Comment

I thought it was less than 20 PPM. Wouldn't trust Walmart corn.

Comment

Me & the wife got pulled for the adult hunt. She found a cabin on the river a little further down the road from the park towards Telegraph. It was around 130.00 a night ,but we didn't want to mess with a motel in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            I thought it was less than 20 PPM. Wouldn't trust Walmart corn.
            <20 is what I meant to type not <200. What would be wrong with Walmart corn?

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
              We are staying in Junction at the Holiday Inn. Thanks for the info I will try to find the right corn. Yeah I wasn't expecting huge bucks, but also wasn't sure on how long the kids should hold out. My kids actually drew the Chapparal 6 years ago and they shot nice bucks and passed a few so I didn't know if it was going to be like that for the deer. Definitely hoping for some Axis and my son wants a hog
              These definitely aren’t Chap deer. This is a meat and exotic hunt. Last year my kid passed on a decent buck (decent being a 14” spread and maybe 90-95” score) the first evening only to be skunked with bucks the entire next day. Took a little (tiny) buck the last morning. Don’t be picky with the wt bucks. Really depends on the luck of the draw on which blind you get. Some are better than others.
              pigs shouldn’t be a problem. Lot of them there.

Comment

Ok thanks yeah I let the kids shoot whatever they want. It will be fun no matter what and good to get out of the cold for a few days

Comment

Working...
                X