'23 Hagerman Segment A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'23 Hagerman Segment A

After living within bicycle riding distance of H and putting in every year since I was 18 (yes, even back in the index card and $5 days) I finally drew with 4 points.

I did notice they moved it back one day, so now instead of it being Fri-Sun, it's now Sat-Mon.

Segment A is 11/4 - 11/6
    Segment B is 11/18 - 11/2
    Segment C is 12/2 - 12/4

Open units are Meyers, Goode, Godwin

I know H isnt near what it used to be, but to say I'm excited is an understatement.

Looks like segment A is only one Saturday-Monday. B and C still Friday-Sunday. Guessing it has to due with general season starting on the 4th. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by djo51 View Post
      Looks like segment A is only one Saturday-Monday. B and C still Friday-Sunday. Guessing it has to due with general season starting on the 4th. Good luck!!
      i stand corrected. thanks!

Comment

My dad and I are in A, stoked to get out there

Comment

I’m in A.

Comment

We drew Seg C. Good luck to y’all

Comment

In for Seg A. and I'm excited for it.

Continued good luck to everyone who drew! I say continued because it seems like we had about 4% chance of getting drawn, depending on your points.

Comment

good luck fellas

Comment

We got drawn for A. Does anyone know how many hunters per segment on average? Looks like they only use about half of the area for the deer hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    We got drawn for A. Does anyone know how many hunters per segment on average? Looks like they only use about half of the area for the deer hunts.
                    Generally @70 hunters per segment, the units are on a rotational basis, I.e hunter for three years, rest for three years. If you are looking at the map, the areas rotate clockwise, so 2024 season Godwin will be closed, Harris will open.

Comment

Did not draw with 3 points. Looks like I will hold my points until Big Mineral opens up.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

Generally @70 hunters per segment, the units are on a rotational basis, I.e hunter for three years, rest for three years. If you are looking at the map, the areas rotate clockwise, so 2024 season Godwin will be closed, Harris will open.
                        Thank you.

Comment

Does anyone know what campgrounds and or cabins/motels are good and the ones to stay away from? Got drawn for A, November 4th. hunt.
                          Last edited by nimrodtracy; 09-06-2023, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                            Does anyone know what campgrounds and or cabins/motels are good and the ones to stay away from? Got drawn for A, September 4th. hunt.
                            I’ve always stayed in Paradise Cove campground, nary an issue. Some of the TBH younger folk have had issues. 20 or so minutes to check station, about the same to grocery store in Pottsboro. TBHr Graysonhogs has a place close, it last I checked only 30amp service. Good guy.

Validate hunt dates, assume you ment November?
                            Last edited by Razorback01; 09-06-2023, 04:12 PM. Reason: Dates

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

I was just looking on the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge Hunting Regulations 2023–2024 and it is saying that the hunt areas will be Godwin, Goode, Meyers. So, do you think it will be Harris or was the info I read not accurate?

Comment

Working...
                              X