Lake Amistad 23-24 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Amistad 23-24 Hunting Season

The new season booklet is out and the permits are available for purchase. See attached link for the 23-24 season rules. Additionally, I attached the lake level link below which can be found in the booklet as well.

Best of luck to the hunters that will out and about in the great outdoors this coming season. Stay safe and hope everyone paints some arrows red!

Thanks, the rules seem pretty much the same. Bummer domestic goats and sheep weren’t given a green light for the bbq pit this year. Oh well, hopefully be back soon maybe try for some dove in September.

Gotta make a bow fishing setup for them Carp!

Comment

Those carp always spook me walking out after dark close to the water when they swoosh and haul butt after I get close.

Comment

My lease has a few good cliffs overlooking grassy flats. Especially good after a recent rise. You can sit up there and see dozens of carp. They look like tailing reds from a hundred yards away.

Comment

They fight like reds too. I've caught a few here and there. One of them was about 30" long and picked up a catfish bait on an ultralight rig, that was nuts.

Comment

Just got back from Colorado. Rivers, streams and creeks up there are absolutely amazing. For those that can’t get out of the state and want to see some beautiful river areas. Here is a link to the Devil’s River area.

https://texasstateparks.reserveameri...arkId=1200018& pk_vid=7c4207cded2441491694616756a85c18

Comment

Been out here this week trying to dove hunt, never done it before. From who i have talked to on trails and at parking its slow so far. Oh well for a newb it’s pretty **** fun. Got one so only up from here.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice Chuck! Never dove hunted myself. What unit are you hunting?

Comment

I haven't ever seen enough out there to make it worth the trouble. Some years the ducks are OK but usually not so much either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Nice Chuck! Never dove hunted myself. What unit are you hunting?
                    2, gonna try the rest of week in mornings

Comment

Update on Dove hunting, most mornings not alot going on. Seems like it was done by 8am. Talked with several locals and said its just very very slow right now. Oh well still fun to be out and about.

Did run into some huge Skunks. Fun to watch, came super close and didn't care if i was there or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody know what the water level is right now?

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                          Update on Dove hunting, most mornings not alot going on. Seems like it was done by 8am. Talked with several locals and said its just very very slow right now. Oh well still fun to be out and about.

Did run into some huge Skunks. Fun to watch, came super close and didn't care if i was there or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

​you got Skunked!! Big time, lol

Comment

At my lease outside comstock, we saw more doves than ever before this year when we went and filled feeders on Labor Day weekend. I killed almost a limit with a borrowed shotgun at camp in my flip flops. Could have easily killed more but I had to be very careful not to shoot them unless they were over a relatively small clearing. Deep-fried dove breasts were an awesome appetizer!

Comment

Awesome, heard from a co-worker it was going off over by Bracketville.

it was those **** skunks kept them away from me…lol

Comment

Working...
                              X