Las Palomas WMA Arroyo Colorado Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Las Palomas WMA Arroyo Colorado Unit

Anyone have any experience with this hunt? My group pulled the Archery hunt 12-11 thru 12-15?

Sending a PM your way.

Comment

Both my sons drew the Youth Mgmt hunt there last year. It was a one deer hunt and my oldest shot a doe in the first 20 minutes of us getting in the blind and my youngest shot a spike the first afternoon of his hunt so we did not spend much time there. They had feeders running that threw a few different times through out the day and the staff were all really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
        Both my sons drew the Youth Mgmt hunt there last year. It was a one deer hunt and my oldest shot a doe in the first 20 minutes of us getting in the blind and my youngest shot a spike the first afternoon of his hunt so we did not spend much time there. They had feeders running that threw a few different times through out the day and the staff were all really nice.
        Hey Rounder? My girls are in for that hunt this year! Care to share how many points it took your boys to draw that one?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post

Hey Rounder? My girls are in for that hunt this year! Care to share how many points it took your boys to draw that one?
          My older son had 4 points and younger son had 3 points in that category.

Comment

That time frame for this hunt should be about the time of the rut down there correct?

Comment

My son drew youth mgt hunt 11/24-11/26 @ las palomas. i sent a pm to a cpl of people as well to get an idea . ​

Comment

Congratulations to all that drew! My son was fortunate enough to get drawn for the youth hunt in October for Doe/spike so we are excited about that. I hunted here with my daughter about 4-5 years ago and she took a big fat doe the 2nd morning. The staff were really nice and accommodating to her...let us switch stands for the morning hunt since we didn't see anythingthe first evening.
                I remember me and my daughter getting donuts before the morning hunt and eating them in the blind. We saw a bobcat that jumped 20 ft in the air when the feeder went off and we laughed so hard I was scared that we'd scare all the deer away! We also saw javalina and created some great memories that will last our lifetime. Its not just about pulling the trigger. Good luck to all this year and happy hunting!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X