Benbrook Lake 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benbrook Lake 2023-24

Drawing results are posted, 2023 Hunting Winners List.pdf (army.mil)

Would like to work my pup on tracking skills. So, if anyone gets one... even if you see em drop. I'd love to come get my dog on the track. Its a close enough drive, so no charge. Just reach out, and I'm happy to bring him to come track.

Comment

Well, I better get mesh camo and hope for cooler weather. We drew hunt number 3 beginning October 1.

Comment

Originally posted by PIOBill View Post
        Well, I better get mesh camo and hope for cooler weather. We drew hunt number 3 beginning October 1.
        Need to add a thermacell to that list!

Comment

I drew hunt 3 also, guess its time to start checking old spots.

Comment

Same.. Hunt 3. lol I may be seeing y'all there.

Comment

Yep, time to get the cameras out and yes I have a thermacel. I might even have to get out my battery fan.

Comment

I'll be out there for hunt 5. I'm really excited about this year. I'm gonna have to squeeze most of my hunting in for the year in those 2 weeks. Hope the weather is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to get cameras out but until it gets below 110 it ain't happening.

Comment

I had an interesting talk with the hunting coordinator when I turned in my survey after the turkey season. For the fall hunt you have a little less than 40% chance of being drawn based on the number od applications. I asked if one of the roads on the RS side that was washed out would be repaired. The answer was that there are no roads. There is a pipeline right of way but no designated roads. If there is a culvert placed it is the responsibility of the water district. No worry about hunting along a road because there are no roads.

Comment

Originally posted by PIOBill View Post
                      I had an interesting talk with the hunting coordinator when I turned in my survey after the turkey season. For the fall hunt you have a little less than 40% chance of being drawn based on the number od applications. I asked if one of the roads on the RS side that was washed out would be repaired. The answer was that there are no roads. There is a pipeline right of way but no designated roads. If there is a culvert placed it is the responsibility of the water district. No worry about hunting along a road because there are no roads.
                      Sometimes they will cut a firelane along the fence line on both sides of RS. But there have never been roads since the dairy was closed for building the lake. There used to be roads and a park directly behind the office (to the south towards the school). But those have been closed since forever. Not even sure they are there any more after the school was built. There might have been some temp roads when they laid the pipe for the pumphouse/station in RS towards the lake to the outlet. But that would have been temp.

Comment

And....I'll be duck-hunting out there this year. Got drawn.

Comment

I'm curious about the ducks out there. Anytime I've gotten drawn, its been for october so I haven't had a chance to duck hunt there. Wish they would separate waterfowl hunting from the deer tags. If they made waterfowl hunting by boat access only, there really shouldnt be any conflict between bow hunters and bird hunters.

Comment

No permit for me this year so I'll have to live vicariously through you all. Please post up pics and stories as always and be safe!

Comment

Checking out blinds in the early am before it gets too hot. Heat is going to have to drop before we hike in and set cameras.

Comment

Working...
                              X