Devils River wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devils River wma

Can anyone tell me the main target animal at devils river? Some very high success rates every year even in the youth exotic hunts. Thanks

I would think goats but I’m just guessing

Comment

22”-25” aoudad. I drew it with a buddy a couple years ago. That’s the only exotic we saw, but we saw plenty enough to keep us busy. The odds of killing a big ram are very slim, but if a kid could climb those hills that youngster could have a ton of shooting opportunities.

Comment

Last year was 100% success rate pretty impressive for youths hunting auodads

Comment

Mostly aoudad. There are some mutt/Corsican feral goats and a few (very few) axis. With high fences in the area, it's possible to see just about anything, but don't count on it. Mostly aoudad.

Comment

When I went a few years back, I shot some kind of goat or sheep. Nobody there could tell me what it was. They finally said it was probably a cross of some sort. It was a nanny with no horns and red in color. I also missed an aoudad. Another guy on the hunt killed a nice ram. Think it was a Corsican.
            This was when they still had archery only hunts out there and done in the month of October. The guy that shot the ram was in animals every day. Me, I only seen animals that one day. After I missed on the aoudad, I ended up shooting that nanny while playing cat and mouse with that group of aoudads. It was a fun hunt.

Comment

Aoudad, Corsican, and Angora type goats and sheep out there. I shot an axis out there 18 years ago as well... Its rough terrain for sure and over 20 miles back on a gravel road just to get to HQ. Not a hunt for the faint of heart!

Comment

Working...
              X