Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

applying as a group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

applying as a group

does anyone know if its advantageous?

i have a few different friends that want to apply to different things with me.
    i see some say 1-4 applicants, is this a benefit?

we are all respectful hunters, but if it is better to apply as a group of 2 or even alone id rather do that etc.

all depends on the preference points for each person, thus affecting the "groups" preference points.

Comment

Usually not a good idea for large groups in small pastures. Turkey hunts for example. Sometimes really hard to pull 4 adult birds from 1 pasture/compartment on a 3-day hunt. I limit my applications to 2. Even on the mule deer hunts, some of the compartments are very large, but with a very low deer density. Larger groups can be more enjoyable, but the success rates of the group may suffer. And the points thing is important also.

Comment

I assume you're talking aboot Texas? So I don't know that anybody knows the internal workings of the system and how selections are made. Here's what I *think* goes on.
        A group application of 4 people on "a card" counts as one draw option, we'll call it a card. So if I want to draw it's essentially the same odds for me as for the one card with 4 peeps on it, however if all 4 people enter separately that's 4 cards to draw. So the odds that 1 of the 4 being drawn increase with individual apps. With a group application there's also the possibility if there's only two spots open and you have a card of four people on it then they'll skip over that card, I don't know if that's true in all cases but certainly seems possible. I don't think there's any benefit to arbitrarily adding people to a group app if that's what you're asking, I'd only do it when you only want to hunt if the others can also go along.

Comment

Working...
        X