ellis county hog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ellis county hog hunting

I've been told that Bardwell lake has good hog hunting areas. I was wondering if anybody knows if it is good hog hunting.

I heard that also. Curious as well.

Comment

well I've been thinking about going out there and check it out I'll let you know

Comment

Was the hunting any good?

Comment

I've seen a lot of areas around the north end of the lake theat were rooted up pretty good, but I've never seen or heard of anyone hunting hogs there.

Comment

I live on the Lake Bardwell.. I do live on the end close to the bridge, but we duck hunt and dove hunt the COE land... I also ride the horse trails out of Waxahachie Creek Park... . and as Ron said, saw signs, but in the 17 years lived there, never saw one pig....

Comment

Went there this morning. I talked to the GW and he said to go the North wing of the land. I went in all 4 entrances on the North side (Old Waxahachie Rd and Cooke Rd) and Getzendaner Rd. I ended up walking the horse trail and didnt see anything. I did see a bunch of hog and coon tracks though. Spent 3 hours tracking by myself (no one to slow me down) haha. If anyone knows where the hogs are there let me know. I have yet to kill one. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 1kickflip100 View Post
                Went there this morning. I talked to the GW and he said to go the North wing of the land. I went in all 4 entrances on the North side (Old Waxahachie Rd and Cooke Rd) and Getzendaner Rd. I ended up walking the horse trail and didnt see anything. I did see a bunch of hog and coon tracks though. Spent 3 hours tracking by myself (no one to slow me down) haha. If anyone knows where the hogs are there let me know. I have yet to kill one. Thanks!
                I duck hunt right around where you were.

On Saturday morning about four I was walking through there and ran into ten on the way to the shore.

Thank God it was a full moon that night, I wouldn't know which way to run.

I didn't know you could bow hunt there though.

I have seen a ton of deer around there.

Comment

How can I hunt out there what do I need to have and where do I get it

Comment

Chief-

Let me know when you go, I will roll with you.

TWO

Comment

TWO: What is in season right now?

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                        TWO: What is in season right now?
                        CGW-

Pigs, Exotics and shortley Turkey, but I don't think that you can hunt Toms and Jakes in EC.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWickedOne View Post
                          I duck hunt right around where you were.

On Saturday morning about four I was walking through there and ran into ten on the way to the shore.

Thank God it was a full moon that night, I wouldn't know which way to run.

I didn't know you could bow hunt there though.

I have seen a ton of deer around there.
                          Duck hunting....hate to break the news to ya, but duck season is over!!

Comment

Originally posted by czechaholic View Post
                            Duck hunting....hate to break the news to ya, but duck season is over!!
                            It is suppose to be " One " not "On"

Comment

I will defiantly let you know!!! What do I need?

Comment

Working...
                              X