Questions about Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Fort Hood

I was looking to possibly go to a Day lease for my hunting trip this year but seems my brother won't be able to afford going with me so we're looking into going hunting on Fort Hood. I just have a few questions because I've never been before.

- What is needed to sign up.
    - Any area recommendations? Still trying to track down a map but couldn't find one on the Fort Hood site.
    - How about late season hunting? We're looking at the week of Dec 12th.

If any Fort Hood pro has a moment I would love to have a quick chat if possible. I currently live in San Antonio but from the Temple area and my brother still lives in Temple.

Thanks in Advance.

Call the Sportsmans Center. Let me know and I will pm the #.
    You will need the following: All can be obtained at the Sportsmans Center except for Hunter Safety.
    State License
    Hunter Safety card
    Ft Hood license
    Area Access
    There are some good areas but there are a lot of hunters.

Comment

Know where I can find a map?

Comment

Originally posted by dtu11 View Post
        Know where I can find a map?
        At the SC. They will issue you a map when you purchase the Ft Hood license and get your area access.

Comment

How is the quota system working this year? Are they going to close hunting early again? Lots of questions you will need to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
            How is the quota system working this year? Are they going to close hunting early again? Lots of questions you will need to ask.
            ^^^^^^
            This. A couple of archery only areas closed 1st day of archery season and quite a few of the guided areas have shot out already.

Comment

Updated map you will get it when you get your Ft Hood hunting license and area access pass. If you are gun hunting you have to go with a guide (babysitter) you will need a visitors pass if you are not a DoD employee.

Needed
              Hunter safety Card
              State TX Hunting license
              pocket full of money for hood license and area access I think around 110 bucks.
              Alot of paitence due to the over crowding, especially late season, folks don't take their stands down.

Only place you can shoot a doe is N Fort Hood and they are shot out except 1 area, I can give you an 8 digit grid to where I would hunt in 305.

Corn, and hand corn but come down one day and get them coming to the corn.

Just my 2 cents. and I hunt hood.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                At the SC. They will issue you a map when you purchase the Ft Hood license and get your area access.
                Hmmm...no online map?

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X