Where would you set up in this area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you set up in this area?

I will be hunting this area next weekend and would love to see what the gs has to say. Got to scout it on opening weekend so I pretty much know where I am going to hunt but would love to hear yalls ideas. The link is a pdf file of the area. It's 632 acres.

Attached Files

I like 1 because of the creek bed which are typicaly natural travel corridors, and I also like 2 because it looks like a good pinch point between the tracks of timber.... Hope that helps!
    Attached Files

Comment

A place I would check out as well is due south of LuB's #1 spot, across the road and east, in that NE inside corner. If you can get a spot to watch the entire inside corner it may work. Plus, the prevailing wind should be S, SW/SE so you at least protected form the area you are watching. If it's from the N, NW/NE, move across the field to the south, adjust your approach for either from the road.

LuB's #2 is a good choke point, pick your spot based on the wind. North side or south side.

Take my opinions with a grain of salt, I have nothing but a nubbin in the freezer.

Comment

I was looking at your number 1 spot before I even looked at your second post. Without looking at the place that's where I would start scouting. Is your number 1 spot the one you liked the most?

Comment

Langston32, yes it is. I'm going to start there, but wanted to get an idea of what others thought in case I need to move.

Comment

Anything planted in the fields in middle?Do you know the bedding areas?What county?

Comment

I like #1 as well

Comment

Setup on a rub line close to thick cover.
                Last edited by Richard; 11-26-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

#2 would be my locale (without seeing pics of the property)

Comment

the far bottom left has some thick cover. MIGHT be a bedding area.

Comment

I don't know how to add the lines to your pic but I can crop em. So these are enhanced pieces to your pic.

These would be my top 3 spots in that order. (I hope these pics aren't to small... It didn't give me the option to resize... The spots I'd be looking at are in the center of the pics.
                      Attached Files

Comment

here's where I would go
                        Attached Files

Comment

I would go to the thick cover by the creek and find some oak trees, acorns are thick this year.

Comment

in the two creeks there is almost nothing but cedars. the one in the bottom left is a very deep ravine with extremely thick cover. i spent 2 to 3 hours trying to find a way down in there and couldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by leon.cty.legend View Post
                              Anything planted in the fields in middle?Do you know the bedding areas?What county?
                              Looks like it's just grass. No. Burnet County.

Comment

Working...
                              X