LRGV East Lake Tract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV East Lake Tract

Does anyone know much about this tract? I got drawn for the shotgun/muzzleloader hunt in December. Just wondering what it is like. Also, does anyone know if you can hunt all day for the 3 day hunt or is it just an afternoon on the first day, all day 2nd, and morning on 3rd? I want to say I read that somewhere but the permit doesn't say that anywhere.

Thanks

All day every day of your hunt. Not sure of size but it's a good walk to back

Comment

I appreciate the info on the dates. Have you hunted there before? Do any good?

Comment

Yea my son and daughter both were drawn. My son missed a cow nilgai one year then shot a decent 10pt the next year. My daughter had chance a big 8pt but just couldn't get clear shot. We passed up some does and smaller bucks. It's pretty awesome place your gonna like it.

Comment

its a fairly large tract of land. my son and have both hunted this place. just bring plenty of water and comfortable boots, still very hot down here and you will probably do lots of walking. when you go in the road splits 3 ways/directions. we took the road that splits to the right and walk all the way to the back of property we saw a nilgai cow and several does and 1 buck. my son only had a shot a doe so he killed it. the road in the middle will take you to the probably dry lake bed. i saw some hunters along the bank sitting in the grass overlooking the lake bed, a young kid shot a huge nilgai bull in this area. animals are there just have to be patient and lucky. good luck bud.

Comment

Working...
          X