Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Matador WMA - Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matador WMA - Report?

A hunting partner of mine and his 75 yr old father drew Matador for November the 7th. Did anybody hunt the archery hunt? I would like to know the actual conditions? How bad was the fire from this summer? And how did thier hunt go? Or perhaps get a report from anybody going out for the youth hunt?

Post up the results when your friend and his dad get back. I didn't get drawn there this year but curious as to what the fire and drought did to that area.

Comment

will do.

Comment

well, my friend and his father are done. they had a great time. they both shot bucks and does. unfortunately the 75 year old shot a buck that was too young and too narrow, Chip really did not want any young bucks killed. but a mistake was made( the ole guy cannot see well at 75) so they confiscated his deer and donated the meat. but they still had a great hunt my friend shot a nice 10pt probably 130 range. he said several bucks were taken best that he heard of was just under 140. they hunted the OX pasture so did not get back into the place he said conditions were not horrible, had rain while they were there and Chip siad the western side that burned was fairing well and green.

Comment

they also said that several of the buck killed were rattled in, including the one my friend shot.

Comment

Congratulations to your friend and his dad (even though they took his deer) and thanks for the update. Looks like things are not so bad as initially thought up there.

Comment

Wow surprised they confiscated his deer.

Sounds like a good trip though.

Comment

Working...
              X