Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
    I'll request the measurements from him.

Sorry to yall that i didn't get to meet this weekend. Woke up late on Friday morning, drove out there just for it to be time to jump on stand and then had to wait for the rest of our group to come in after that hunt. Had skinning detail for most of the time i was out of the stand and on sat and sunday. The buck above was the only real nice one taken. In total we got 1x 9pnt, 1x weird looking 6pnt, 1x spike, and 3 doe.

We got to meet the game wardens out there this weekend too.=) Eddie and Zack, nice guys.
    Yea, I'm real curious to know because I don't think I would have shot that one. Pretty close. But hey, I'm still learning after 32 seasons... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
      Yea, I'm real curious to know because I don't think I would have shot that one. Pretty close. But hey, I'm still learning after 32 seasons... ;D
      We're just suprised to see him get this far. Ya if we knew no one else would get him and he would make it a few more years we could pass up these guys but normally the neighbors or poachers end up getting the nice ones out there since its all free range and low fence.

Called the dad, he hasn't even measured yet but he's probably around 16-18" from what i saw looking at him this past weekend. I'll get details later when i help him euro it.

Comment

Nice Buck, Congrats to your dad!

Comment

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
          We're just suprised to see him get this far. Ya if we knew no one else would get him and he would make it a few more years we could pass up these guys but normally the neighbors or poachers end up getting the nice ones out there since its all free range and low fence.

Called the dad, he hasn't even measured yet but he's probably around 16-18" from what i saw looking at him this past weekend. I'll get details later when i help him euro it.
          I think hes legal but NO WAY he's anything over 16". Prolly 14.5-15". I could be wrong but I dont think so.

BTW, congrats to your dad !

Comment

Yea, congrat's for sure.

Reason I ask is that last season I had one almost identical to this one bed down under my tree stand, literally 5 yards from the base of my tree. I sat down and watched him lay there for probably an hour, trying to decide whether he was legal or not. I just couldn't tell. I knew he probably was, but didn't want to take a chance so I let him walk. I still think about that deer.

John

Comment

A big mature deer in East tx will have ears that average 15.5 in ches tip to tip. I called the deer 17 inches from the pics. These arent hill country bucks.

Congrats to your DAD!

Comment

Just for the heck of it, why dont you post a thread and ask what everyone thinks he scores before telling that he is dead. Then after a few days post the actual measurements. I get tired of seeing people say ,"Probably not legal... 115-120".

Thats a bruiser with great mass.

Comment

Very nice deer for sure.

Got one like that on my wall that came from there. Little bigger. But, very similar features.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Just for the heck of it, why dont you post a thread and ask what everyone thinks he scores before telling that he is dead. Then after a few days post the actual measurements. I get tired of seeing people say ,"Probably not legal... 115-120".

I think i'll try this =)

And here's another picutre angle for reference

Should of taken a picture with a tape measure behind it. Will do that later.

Common guys, i want to see yalls trophies too =)

Comment

I never saw where anyone said he wasnt legal. I think its a good 3.5yo buck for sure just not a "16-18" deer. Maybe 16 outside spread but I assume we are talking about inside spread.

We are looking at pics though so I admit I could be mistaken.
                      Last edited by TheCracker; 11-07-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCracker View Post
                        I never saw where anyone said he wasnt legal. I think its a good 3.5yo buck for sure just not a "16-18" deer. Maybe 16 outside spread but I assume we are talking about inside spread.

We are looking at pics though so I admit I could be mistaken.
                        I know its hard to read my mind Cracker. I was actually thinking about a deer pic I posted from this same area. I wasnt pointing at you. Sorry.

Comment

I still think it would be great fun to post the trail cam pics on the age score threadf for a few days before posting thge actuals.

Comment

I still think it would be great fun to post the trail cam pics on the age score threadf for a few days before posting thge actuals.
                            heh, i just made another thread. Guess i'll try it that way next year =)

On a side note, did anyone hear about the 10 year old that shot a monster this past weekend out there? Zach (game warden) mentioned it to my dad but didn't go into details.
                            Last edited by snikrah; 11-07-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

score/age thread for $!t$ and giggles and I asked my dad to ask our taxider what he thought it would score and what some of the measures were.

Discuss aging, scoring, management ideas and all things related to improving hunting conditions

Comment

Very nice looking buck. congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X