Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed back out there tonight.

Comment

Well I'm done. This was my first season on public land and seen a total of 9 deer. :-/ Time to get the hog light out and see what happens at the lease.

Comment

Went out for the first time today because it's 3.5 hours away, camped Friday to Sunday we saw 6 doe and an armadillo but we didn't have any doe permits so we couldn't take them.

Comment

took a doe this evening with a muzzle loader at 65 yards, good healthy four year old doe. pic to come.

Comment

here is a pic
            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Eagles

Comment

Does anybody have any suggestions for Eastern Turkey during the spring season? We have some property surrounded by the DCNF toward the western edge of Houston County we've had about a year now, but I've never seen any out there at the feeders or in the food plots.

Comment

there is no turkey season in Houston County any more as of right now. Because of the low numbers, they ended the seasons for eastern turkeys in several counties. I believe Trinity county still has a season. Check your outdoor annual for all the rules but in a county that does have a spring season for Easterns, you're only allowed 1 bird, can only use a shotgun or archery, and the bird must be brought to a check station within 24 hours.

Comment

actually saw my first eastern turkey ever last year on opening day of bow season. Had about a 6" beard, pretty cool.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Pete. I hadn't checked the annual this year so I was operating on the information from last year.

Comment

I've hunted NF off and on for the past 12-13 years...and never saw bucks like the ones posted here. I'm also new to bow hunting, and will be moving about 2 miles from NF later this year, Good Lord willing...I'm itching to get out and scout about for areas away from easy entrance, in hopes that most hunters aren't willing to leave the ease and comfort behind to find those spots. I also want to do some shed hunting to see what may have survived this year...just need to get some time off to get out there. You guys have intensified the itch to just get away and into the woods! haha

Comment

Went back out there friday and yesterday to do some clean up work. Looks like there has been some good winds up there lately, had several trees down we had to cut up and move off of some roads

Friday was interesting though At about 3pm i figured i'd wet a hook and took off towards one of our cattle ponds right next to the davy. Right before i went, i found a 7pnt, about 15" wide buck skull and antlers freshly killed from this year. Anyone missing a 7pnt? I'll post a picture of the antlers shortly.

So on my way now through a small pine thicket to the pond and another small pine was down across the road, i stop to move it, opened my door and hear running through the leaves in the creekline to my right. I look and see one of the biggest bucks i've ever seen out there, easily in my top 3. They ran a short distance and then stopped 60 yards away to look back and gave me just enough time to grab my bino's and check them out for about 15 seconds. He was with 3 other bucks and all were dandies but he was every bit of 20"+ wide

I move one of my camera's onto the trail they traveled in high hopes to get pictures of him to show you guys

After i fished a bit i got to thinking he might come back out so i jumped in a stand to watch until dark. He never showed but had 20 doe/yearlins come out of the davy at one time into one of our fields. They're lookin pretty healthy and still plentiful.

I already can't wait for this coming season, cause know where im hunting

Comment

Look familiar? Yotes dragged this out of the davy into one of our fields.

Comment

Turkey in the DCNF

Any one see any this year or know of an area where they have been seen... did not see any all deer season.. wanting to get ready for Spring Turkey season.

Comment

there is no spring turkey season in Houston County if that's what you're asking.

Comment

Working...
                                X