? about hunting regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about hunting regs

So the land I plan to hunt says 2 deer either sex Oct1st-Jan1st(which says to me I can shoot a doe all season long archery and general) but the outdoor annual says 4 deer doe or buck during bow season and buck only for general which do I follow? My question is can I shoot a doe on public land if its legal for the land even if the county listings say I can't? I'm confused please help
    Last edited by BowHuntTexas; 08-19-2011, 03:01 PM.

Which County and property or public land are you seeing this listing on? We need more information to give you the regulation to follow.

Comment

Sometimes the public land harvest rules differ from county rules. We need more info

Comment

Tawakoni wma and hunt county never hunted here before its just the closest place to home right now that I might be able to get out and hunt and the regulations are confusing me,the public land regulations say I can shoot either sex Oct-1st to Jan-1st but the county listings say buck only from Nov-5th to Jan-1st

Comment

And county also says buck or doe Oct-1st to nov-4th

Comment

My best advice is to talk with TP&W or send them an e-mail with your questions as to the county, and WMA, you plan to hunt.

Comment

Annual Hunting Permit?

Sometimes they allow does with archery in gun season even though the surrounding areas are no doe during gun season

I don't have my new book yet(APH) or I would look and try to help

Comment

The regs for that WMA over-ride the county rules.(as most do). You can take either 2 does or a buck and a doe, oct 1-jan 1. Bucks are under the antler restriction rule. Archery only.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
                  The regs for that WMA over-ride the county rules.(as most do). You can take either 2 does or a buck and a doe, oct 1-jan 1. Bucks are under the antler restriction rule. Archery only.
                  - always go by what the APH unit you are hunting on states within the Legal Game Box for that Unit.

Comment

Here are your rules for the WMA. These limits override what the outdoor annual says.
                    Archery only all year for deer.
                    2 deer no more than one buck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	twma.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	24010390

Comment

I love the fact that the map booklet has quail hunting on Tawakoni!!!! Im gonna go out there this year and take a long walk to see if i can find these mysterious quail. At least i know i wont have to spend a lot of money on shotgun shells

Comment

Working...
                      X